Tourist Places in Alleppey
1. Alappuzha beach
- Alappuzha Beach is a beach in Alappuzha town in the state of Kerala, India. Often referred to as the ‘Venice of the East’. It is famous for its white sands, palm trees, beautiful waves, enchanting sunrise, and sunset. Further, the beach host many events every year such as the Alappuzha beach festival, Sand art festival, and many more.
- Therefore, the best time to visit Alappuzha Beach is from November to February and March to May.
- Thus, Alappuzha Beach is one of the Best Tourist Places in Alleppey as it attracts many people throughout the year.
2. Alleppey backwaters
- Alleppey backwater is located in Alleppey and is also famous for the boat race held there. The main attraction of the Alleppey backwaters is the overnight journey in the famous Kerala houseboats. On the boathouse trip, you can see beautiful sunset views, lush greenery, enjoy bird watching, and visit nearby villages.
- There are many interesting routes to cruise on the Backwaters of Kerala, each route is more enchanting than the other. Alappuzha to Kumarakom is one of the most beautiful backwater routes. Further, the Alleppey backwaters are visited by more than thousands of travelers every year.
- Therefore, the best time to visit Alleppey backwaters is from November to February.
- Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Alleppey.
3. St. Mary's Forane Church
- Champakulam Kalloorkadu Marth Maryam (St. Mary’s) Basilica, popularly known as St. Mary’s Forane Church. Located in the Alleppey city in the state of Kerala. This church traces its existence back to 835 AD. It belongs to the Syro-Malabar Church in the Archeparchy of Changanacherry.
- Further, the brilliant architecture, elaborate rock inscriptions, and ancient artifacts boast about the Portuguese influence in the traditional designs and are worth a visit.
- Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit in Alleppey.
4. Krishnapuram Palace
- The Krishnapuram Palace is located in Kayamkulam in Alappuzha district, Kerala. Built-in the 18th century by Anizham Thirunal Marthanda Varma, the Travancore kingdom. Also famous for its large pond within the palace complex.
- The Krishnapuram Palace is built in the traditional architectural style of Kerala, with a gabled roof, narrow corridors, and dormer windows. Further, it houses Gajendra Moksha, one of the biggest mural paintings found in all of Kerala. Thus, Krishnapuram Palace is one of the most popular places to visit in Alleppey.
- The best time to visit Krishnapuram Palace is from March to September.
- Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Alleppey.
- Kuttanad is located in the Alappuzha district of Kerala. Also Known as the “Rice Bowl of Kerala“. It is a region covering the Alappuzha, Kottayam, and Pathanamthitta Districts, in the state of Kerala. Hence, this makes it one of the most scenic places in the state with mesmerizing views and quaint villages everywhere.
- Further, the farmers in Kuttanad are famous for Biosaline Farming. Further, the various places of attraction are Punnamada Lake, Pampa River, Edathua Church, and Thottappally Spillway.
- Hence, the best time to visit the enchanting Kuttanad backwaters is between August and March. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Places to visit in Alleppey.