1. Darjeeling Himalayan Railway
- The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is one of the most popular places to visit in Darjeeling. Also known as the DHR or Toy Train. Further, UNESCO has declared the “Darjeeling Himalayan Railway” a World Heritage site on 5 December 1999. It runs between New Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling in the state of West Bengal. A journey in the Toy Train has amazing sightseeing with beautiful mountain views and passes by villages and local shops on the way. More than thousands of tourists take a journey in this train. Undoubtedly, it always tops the list of the best tourist attractions in Darjeeling.
2. Batasia loop
- The Batasia Loop is located in the Darjeeling district in the state of West Bengal, India. Set amidst the lush green mountainside, it offers most beautiful views of the valley and the snowy abode of Mt. Kanchendzonga. Further, the Batasia Loop is a loop or a spiral of a narrow-gauge railway track where the Toy Train negotiates a sudden sharp descent from Ghoom. At this point, the track spirals around over itself through a tunnel and over a hilltop. It was commissioned in 1919. Also, the endearing flowers line the way, surrounding tunnels, hill-locked valleys, and little shops make Batasia Loop one of the Amazing Places to visit in Darjeeling.
3. Tiger Hill
- Tiger Hill is located in Darjeeling, in the State of West Bengal. Set at an altitude of 2590 meters. It has a panoramic view of Mount Everest and Mt Kanchenjunga together. And also best known for its trekking routes. Further, it is recommended to witness the first rays of the sun on Mt. Everest. Moreover, Tiger Hill is the highest point in Darjeeling. It is most famous for its splendid sights of sunrise. The magnificent view of snow-capped mountains sitting amidst cotton clouds attracts tourists to Tiger Hill from all over the country. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places to visit in Darjeeling.
4. Darjeeling Ropeway
- The Darjeeling Ropeway is a ropeway in the town of Darjeeling in the state of West Bengal. It came into existence in 1968. The 5 km long ropeway is a tourist destination in the town. Further, it consists of 16 cable cars that comfortably carry at least 6 people in one ride which takes place at an altitude of 7,000 feet. On this ropeway ride, you can experience the most striking sights of the township, hills, valleys, tea estates, the cascading waterfalls, all through the bird’s eye view midst the clouds. It gives you a feeling of flying over lush verdant valleys. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Darjeeling.
5. Shrubbery Nightingale Park
- Shrubbery Nightingale Park is located in the hill station of Darjeeling in the state of West Bengal. This park was known as “The Shrubbery”, it used to serve as a private courtyard of Sir Thomas Tartan’s home. It is a public park area frequented by tourists and locals to relish gorgeous views of the Kanchenjunga ranges. Some other highlights of the park include a giant statue of Lord Shiva, a musical fountain along great scenery. There are benches around the park near the boundary wall where one can relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Therefore, the best time to visit Nightingale Park is from April to June. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Darjeeling.