Tourist Places in Kochi
1. Fort Kochi
- Fort Kochi is a locality in the Cochin district in the state of Kerala. And it is the first European township in India. Further, the Fort Kochi beach looks divine during sunset offering various hues of vermilion and scarlet let. The vibe of an ancient colonial city with its toy-town-like streets, colorful buildings, and a beautiful view out at the beach remain. Further, the various places of attractions in Kochi are Chinese fishing nets, Vasco Da Gama Square, Santa Cruz Basilica, St Francis Church, VOC Gate, etc. Therefore, the best time to visit Fort Kochi is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Kochi.
2. Mattancherry Palace
- The Mattancherry Palace is a Portuguese palace in Mattancherry, Kochi in the state of Kerala. Popularly known as the Dutch Palace. Constructed in the year 1545 . It features Kerala murals depicting portraits and exhibits of the Rajas of Kochi. And the four separate wings of the Mattancherry Palace surround a central courtyard that has a temple as well. Further, the palace was included in the “tentative list” of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. The best time to visit Mattancherry Palace is from October to December. Thus, it is one of the best places to learn the history of Kerala through the medium of artifacts and embellishments.
3. Marine drive
- Marine Drive is located in Kochi in the state of Kerala. It is built facing the backwaters. Marine Drive is also an economically thriving part of the city of Kochi. The view of the setting and rising sun over the sea mouth is amazing. And the gentle breeze from the Vembanad Lake has made Marine Drive an important tourist destination in Kochi. Then, it is a popular hangout for the local people. Also, there are several boat jetties along the walkway. The various places of attraction are Marine Walkway, Rainbow Bridge, Houseboat Bridge, China Net Bridge, and GCDA Shopping Complex. Therefore, the best time to visit Marine drive is from October to April. Thus, it is one of the Popular Places to visit in Kochi.
4. Cherai Beach
- Cherai Beach is a beach located in the city Kochi in the state of Kerala. And also called “The Princess of the Arabian sea“. Moreover, the church is the second cathedral built by the Portuguese. The low tides and slow waves make it a highly recommended beach for swimming and other water sports. One of the most visited beaches in the state. Therefore, the best time to visit Cherai Beach is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Beaches to visit in Kerala.
5. Santa Cruz Basilica
- The Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica is located at Fort Kochi in the state of Kerala. Kochi is one of the nine Basilicas in Kerala. Counted as one of the heritage edifices of Kerala. This church is one of the finest and most impressive churches in India and is visited by tourists the whole year round. Further, the surrounding greenery and the seashells present in different shapes and Chinese fishing nets add to the extra beauty of the sea. The best time to visit Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Kochi.