Places to visit in Lucknow
1. Chhota Imambara
- Chota Imambara is an imposing monument located in the city of Lucknow in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Also known as Imambara Hussainabad Mubarak. Further, it is an architectural marvel and its unique features are the chandeliers that adorn the structure. This 19th-century building is also referred to as the ‘Palace of Lights’ by European visitors and writers because of the profuse decorations of the monument at specific events. However, the place later served as the mausoleum for the Nawab as well as his mother. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Lucknow.
2. Bara Imambara
- Bara Imambara is a complex in Lucknow city in the state of Uttar Pradesh. And also known as Asfi Imambara. Built by Asaf-ud-Daula, Nawab of Awadh in 1784. It is said that there are 1024 ways to get inside the maze but only 2 to come out. This imambara is the second largest after the Nizamat Imambara. Further, it has a unique style of construction. More than thousands of tourists come to visit this place every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Bara Imambara is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the best tourist places to be visit in Lucknow.
3. Rumi Darwaza
- The Rumi Darwaza is located in Lucknow in the state of Uttar Pradesh. And sometimes known as the Turkish Gate. It is an imposing gateway that was built by Nawab Asaf-Ud-Daula in 1784. Moreover, it is an example of Awadhi architecture. The Rumi Darwaza stands sixty feet tall and is generally used as the logo for Lucknow city. The rush of vehicles and the brunt of time have weakened it, but it still stands ever strong and majestic, looking even more beautiful when lit up at night. Therefore, the best time to visit Rumi Darwaza is from October to March. Thus, it is one of most famous tourist attractions in Lucknow.
4. Lucknow Zoological Garden
- Lucknow Zoological Garden zoo is located in the heart of the capital city of Uttar Pradesh. Spreads over an area of 71.6-acre. Also called Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Prani Udyan and earlier known as Prince of Wales Zoological Gardens. It was established in 1921 and named after Wajid Ali Shah- the last Nawab of Awadh. According to the Central Zoo Authority of India, it is a large zoo. It houses more than nine hundred species of animals, birds, reptiles, and the most famous ones being the royal Bengal tiger, white Bengal tiger, Himalayan black bear, and Asiatic lion. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Lucknow.
5. British Residency
- The British Residency is located in the city of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Also called the Residency and Residency Complex. It is a group of several buildings in a common precinct, India. It served as home to over 3000 British residents during the Indian Rebellion of 1857. The fort is now in ruins and a British cemetery nearby sites the graves of all the colonizers who died during the Lucknow siege. Further, it is an everlasting example of British architectural skills. The best time to visit the British Residency is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit in Lucknow.