Places to visit in Mysore
1. Mysore Palace
- The Mysore Palace is a historical palace located in the state of Karnataka. It is the official residence of the Wadiyar dynasty and the seat of the Kingdom of Mysore. Built in the year 1912 and commonly described as the ‘City of Palaces’. The brilliant architecture and intricate craftsmanship with which makes it an incredible masterpiece. And also known as Amba Vilas Palace, it is one of the seven palaces in the City of Palaces. Further, this palace is one of the largest in India with more than 2.7 million visitors every year. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Mysore.
2. Brindavan Gardens
- The Brindavan Gardens is located in the city of Mysore the state of Karnataka. It lies adjoining the Krishnarajasagara Dam, built across the river Kaveri. Further, the most popular and exciting experience at this garden is the musical fountain that is scheduled in the evenings. Every year many people come here to watch this beautiful musical fountain show. Thus, it is also regarded as one of the most beautiful gardens in Karnataka. Therefore, the best time to visit the garden is after sunset. It is the most famous tourist spot for sightseeing near Mysore and a perfect space to spend a pleasant evening.
3. Chamundeshwari temple
- The Chamundeshwari Temple is a Hindu temple located on the top of Chamundi Hills in the state of Karnataka, India. Built-in the Dravidian style and adorned with intriguing pillars. Further, the temple also has a Nandi statue. The view from the temple is amazing, as you can see many significant structures of the city including the Mysore Palace, Krishna Raja Sagar, and Lalitha Mahal Palace. Therefore, this is the most famous temple in Mysore since Goddess Chamundeshwari is the presiding deity of Mysore. Thus, the Chamundeshwari Temple is one of the most famous places in Mysore for visiting with family.
4. Somnathpur Temple
- The Chennakesava Temple is a Vaishnava Hindu temple located on the banks of River Kaveri at Somanathapura, Karnataka. Also referred to as Keshava Temple. Consecrated in 1258 CE by Somanatha Dandanayaka, a general of the Hoysala King Narasimha III. The ornate temple is a model illustration of the Hoysala architecture. Further, the Chennakesava temple is one of the 1500 Temples built by the Hoysala Empire kings in different parts of their kingdom. Almost thousands of tourists people every year come here to visit the temple and to get a view of this beautiful place. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Temples to visit in Karnataka.
5. Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens
- Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens is located in the city of Mysore, Karnataka. Also called Mysore Zoo. Established in 1892 by Chamaraja Wodeyar X. It spreads over an area of 78 acres and is home to a wide range of species. From Big to small cats, Aquatic to terrestrial birds, and Primates to reptiles, one Hundred and Sixty-Eight species find their place in this zoo. Further, it is one of the oldest and most popular zoos in India. More than thousands of tourists come to this place every year. Therefore, Sri Chamarajendra Zoo is one of the city’s most popular attractions.