Places to visit in Varanasi
1. Kashi Vishwanath Temple
- The Kashi Vishwanath Temple is located in Vishwanath Gali of Varanasi in the state of Uttar Pradesh. One of the holiest sites for Hinduism in India, this temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas that are Shivalingas that are the physical symbols of Lord Shiva. The importance of the Kashi Vishwanath Temple also stems from the fact that it finds mentions in several holy scriptures of the Hindus. Varanasi city was called Kashi in ancient times, and hence the temple is popularly called Kashi Vishwanath Temple. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Varanasi.
2. Ganga Aarti
- Varanasi is said to be one of the oldest places in the world. Ganga Aarti, an important ritual held on a grand scale every morning and evening on the banks of the holy Ganges. According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva established Varanasi by himself. The priests perform the Aarti at Dashashwamedh Ghat. Since the Ganga aarti of Banaras is for the River Ganga, a statue of Goddess Ganga placed in the center at one of the many raised platforms. Many people all over the world come here to watch this mesmerizing Ganga Aarti. Thus, it is one of the Most Popular Places to visit in Varanasi.
3. Assi Ghat
- Assi Ghat is the southernmost ghat in Varanasi, located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the most famous Ghats in Varanasi where thousands of pilgrims visit per year. Situated on the banks of River Ganga. Assi Ghat offers the probability to pilgrims to offer the water on the lingam of Lord Shiva that situated under a peepal tree. And also known for being a place where long-term foreign students, researchers, and tourists live. Assi Ghat is the heart of Varanasi and the locals, as well as, the tourists flock there to enjoy the amazing view of the sunset and sunrise at the Ganges. Also, here you can go on a leisurely boat ride on the river or even a hot air balloon excursion. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Varanasi.
4. New Vishwanath Temple
- Shri Vishwanath Mandir is situated in Varanasi in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Also known as Vishwanath Temple, New Vishwanath Temple and Birla Temple. It is dedicated to the Lord Shiva. Shri Vishwanath Mandir is one of the most famous temples and biggest tourist attractions in the Hindu holy city of Varanasi. Moreover, the temple isn’t just one building, but actually seven separate temples that together make one big religious complex. Further, the very famous Jyotirlinga of Shiva, Vishweshwara, is believed to have immense and unending power. Thus, it is one of the most iconic temples to visit in Varanasi.
5. Dashashwamedh Ghat
- Dashashwamedh Ghat is the main ghat in Varanasi on the Ganga River in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is located close to Vishwanath Temple and is probably the most spectacular ghat. And also the Dashashwamedh Ghat is one of the oldest and the most sacred ghats in the holy city of Varanasi. This Ghat is most famous for the Ganga Aarti conducted every evening, it is an elaborate and lively ceremony that takes place at dusk everyday and also hundreds of people visit it. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Varanasi