Jammu and Kashmir
- Srinagar is located in Jammu and Kashmir, India. Also known as ‘Heaven on Earth‘. Situated at an altitude of 1,730 m above sea level. It spreads on both sides of the river Jhelum. The city is famous for its natural surroundings, gardens, waterfronts, and houseboats. It offers breathtaking views and mesmerizing locations for tourists. The other place of attractions is Mughal Gardens, Hari Parbat Fort, Pari Mahal, Tulip Gardens, Hazratbal Shrine, Kheer Bhawani Temple, and Shankaracharya Temple. You can also enjoy various adventurous activities like hiking, mountain biking, and rafting. Srinagar is also famous for the Kashmiri shawls, Kashmiri apples, and dried fruits from the Lal Chowk Market. Therefore, the best time to visit Srinagar is from April to October. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Gulmarg is a hill station, located in Kashmir, India. Also known as the “Meadow of Flowers”. Situated at the height of 2,650 meters above sea level. This place is a popular skiing destination and thus, an absolute delight for adventure seekers. The top attractions to visit here are St. Mary’s Church, Outer Circle Walk, Ningle Nallah, Baba Reshi Shrine, Gulmarg Gondola, Apharwat Peak, Alpather Lake, and Maharani Temple. Further, it is reckoned to have the world’s second-highest golf course, which is situated at an altitude of 2650m. This 18-hole golf course, spreads over an area of 7505 yards. Therefore, the best time to visit Gulmarg is from March to June.
- Sonamarg or Sonmarg is a hill station located in the Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is home to a variety of peaks like Kolhoi Peak, Amarnath Peak, and Sirbal Peak. Set at an elevation of around 2800 km from sea level. Its landscape is marked by a glacier, forests, serene lakes, and snow-capped mountains. The top sightseeing attractions are Thajiwas Glacier, Satsar Lake, Baltal Valley, Naranag, Kishansar Lake, Amarnath Cave, Vishansar Lake, and Gadsar Lake. This place is popular for trekking. Moreover, it was the gateway to the Silk Road connecting Kashmir with China. Also, home to the famous three sisters namely the Lidder, Sind, and the Neelum rivers. Therefore, the best time to visit Sonmarg is from April to June. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Kashmir.
- Pahalgam is a town in Anantnag district in Jammu and Kashmir. Set at an altitude of 7,200 feet above sea level. It serves as the base for Amarnath Yatra, one of the most important pilgrimages in India. Its natural surroundings, lush green meadows, dense trees, and pristine waters, attract thousands of tourists from all corners of the world every year. The other places of attraction are Betaab Valley, Aru Valley, Baisaran, Tulian Lake, Kashmir Valley, Chandanwari, and Sheikhpora. You can also involve in various adventure activities like hiking, trekking, and fishing. Therefore, the best time to visit Pahalgam is from March to November. Thus, it is one of the popular tourist destinations in Jammu and Kashmir.
5. Betaab Valley
- Betaab valley is located in Anantnag district in Jammu and Kashmir. Surrounded by lush green meadows, snow-clad mountains, and covered with dense forest. It is also a favorite campsite of travelers as it also serves as a base camp for trekking and also a good place to start a further exploration of the mountains. Betaab valley offers panoramic views of the Himalayas. It lies halfway along the Chandanwari road and was earlier known as Hagan valley or Hagoon. Therefore, the best time to visit Betaab Valley is from October to June. Thus, it is one of the popular tourist destination in Kashmir.
6. Vaishno Devi
- Vaishno Devi is located in Katra, India. The temple stands on the Trikuta Hills in Jammu. The Mother Goddess or Mata Vaishno Devi, who is the main deity, is believed to fulfil the wishes of her devotees. And also popularly known as Mata Rani, Vaishnavi and Trikuta. It also offers mesmesrizing views of the surroundings hills and valleys. Further, Vaishno Devi the second-most visited Hindu pilgrimage destination in India. Therefore, the best time to visit Vaishno Devi is from October to March. Thus, it attracts millions of tourist from all corners of the world every year.
- Patnitop is located in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, India. The endless meadows and panoramic views of the snow-capped moutains of the Himalayas offers an mesmerizing views to the tourists. You can also take a refreshing bath in any one of the three natural freshwater springs, which are thought to have medicinal properties. It also offers various adventure activities like paragliding, trekking, skiing and so on. The top sightseeing attractions in Patnitop are Nathatop, Patnitop Circular Road, Sanasar Lake, Naag Mandir, Chenani-Nashri Tunnel, Sudh Mahadev and Baglihar Dam. Therefore, the best time to visit Patnitop is from September to October. Thus, it is an ideal picnic spot in Jammu and Kashmir.