Best Places for the Road Trips in Andhra Pradesh
Badami (known as Vatapi ) is a town in the Bagalkot district of Karnataka. It is a historical place. And famous for its rock-cut structural temples. However, it might be a little long but the enchanting surroundings throughout would totally make it worth it. Therefore, the drive to Badami is one of the most beautiful road trips from Hyderabad. Thus, it is one of the Best Places for the Road Trips in Andhra Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Badami is between October and April.
- Distance: 420 km
- Places to visit: Cave Temples, Bhutanatha Temples, Badami Fort, and Agastya Lake.
2. Nagarjuna Sagar
Nagarjuna Sagar is a beautiful region in the Nalgonda district in the state of Telangana. Popular for the famous Nagarjuna Sagar Dam. Further, this dam considered to be the largest stone masonry dam in the world. Surrounded with greenery and beautiful waterfalls, thus gives most beautiful views. Therefore, this is one of the best short road trips from Hyderabad.
- The best time to visit Nagarjuna Sagar is from October to March.
- Distance: 153 km
- Places to visit: Ethipothala Waterfall, Nagarjunasagar Dam, Wildlife Sanctuary, Macherla, Museum, Nagarjunakonda.
Nalgonda is a city, located in the state of Telangana. Then, it is a city witnessing the unearthing of various categories of sling stones and other artifacts. Hence, today the city of Nalgonda presents a colorful blend of diverse religious cultures and traditions. Thus, it is visited by thousands of tourists from all over the state today. Thus, it is one of the Most Interesting Road Trips in Andhra Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Nalgonda is from October – February.
- Distance: 100 km
- Places to visit: Nandikonda, Mattapalli, Panagal (Panagallu), Yadagiri Gutta, Surendrapuri, Bhuvanagiri, and Nagarjunasagar Dam.
Warangal is a city in the state of Telangana. And also known as Oruguallu, Omtikonda, or Ekasilanagaram. Further, it takes you back to the era of kings and queens with its beautiful historical sites. Thus, Warangal is famous for its temple architecture and majestic fort. Hence, it is the fifth-largest city in the state. Thus, Warangal is a must visit place in Telangana.
- The best time to visit Warangal is from September to April.
- Distance: 150 km from Hyderabad
- Places to visit: Warangal Fort, Ramappa Temple, Laknavaram Cheruvu, Bhadrakali Temple, Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary, Kakatiya musical garden, Pakhal Lake, and Thousand Pillar Temple.
Visakhapatnam (fondly known as Vizag) is a port city, located in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Known for its many beaches. Further, it is the industrial center of the state. And also, it is a beautiful city to escape from and full of exciting places waiting to be explored. Hence, it is the second-largest city on the east coast of India after Chennai. Thus, Vizag is a beautiful places to visit in Andhra Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Vishakhapatnam is from October to March.
- Distance: 617 km from Hyderabad
- Places to visit: Borra Caves, INS Kurusura Submarine Museum, Kailasagiri, Rishikonda Beach, Yarada Beach, Dolphin Hill or Nose, Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Simhachalam Temple.
6. Ananthagiri Hills
Ananthagiri Hills is located in Vikarabad district in the state of Telangana. Then, the view of the hills covered with coffee plantations is fantastic. Ananthagiri is a hill town of ancient caves, temples, medieval fort palaces that showcases the history of the area. However, the main tourist attraction here is the Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple, attracting many devotees year on year. And also, the location offers some of the best trekking routes, making it a trekking paradise. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Andhra Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Ananthagiri Hills is from October to March.
- Distance: 81 km from Hyderabad
- Places to visit: The Borra Hills and Caves, Araku Tribal Museum, Musi River, Padmapuram Gardens, Dolphin’s Nose, Tyda Park, Lord Anantha Padmanabha Temple.
Kurnool is a city and the judicial capital of Andhra Pradesh. The town of Kurnool is famous for its mighty caves, temples, and for being a historical hub of India. However, the Neeva and Hundri rivers flowing through Kurnool make it one of the most picturesque road trips from Hyderabad. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Andhra Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Kurnool is from December to March.
- Distance: 231 km from Hyderabad
- Places to visit: Belum Caves, Ahobilam Temple, Yaganti Temple, Mahanandi Temple, Sakshi Ganapati Temple, Rollapadu Wildlife Sanctuary, and Konda Reddy Fort.
Adilabad is a city in the state of Telangana. And also, it is famous for its rich cultivation of cotton. Then, it is a mix of nature, history, mythology, and craftwork. The beautiful valleys and many rivers add to the charm of the city. Thus, the drive gives an offbeat break from the city life of Hyderabad.
- The best time to visit Adilabad is from November to March.
- Distance: 344 km from Hyderabad
- Places to visit: Basar Saraswati Temple, Kuntala Waterfall, Kadam Dam, Pochera Waterfalls, Shivaram Wildlife Sanctuary, Mahatma Gandhi Park.
Karimnagar is a city in the Indian state of Telangana. Moreover, it is a historic town sitting in the North-west of Telangana. And also known as the ‘Seat of Vedic learning’. Therefore, the roads in Karimnagar being super smooth and free of potholes and the aesthetic surroundings make an ideal road trip.
- The best time to visit Karimnagar is from October to March.
- Distance: 165 km from Hyderabad.
- Places to visit : Kondagattu Anjaneya Swamy Temple , Elgandal Fort , Vemulawada , Ramagundam Dam , Jagityala Fort .
Vijayawada is a city in the state of Andhra Pradesh. And also, it is one of the fastest emerging commercial hubs in Andhra Pradesh. Hence, Vijayawada is the third-largest city in Andhra Pradesh and has the largest railway junction in South India. Thus, it is a destination that has plenty of things to offer in terms of tourist attractions and splendid experiences. Then, it is also known as Bezawada. Therefore, it is one of the Popular Road Trip Places in Andhra Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Vijayawada is from October to March.
- Distance: 275 km from Hyderabad.
- Places to visit : Bhavani Island , Kanaka Durga Temple , Undavalli Caves , Kondapalli Fort , Victoria Museum , Besant Road , Rajiv Gandhi Park , Mogalarajapuram Caves , Mangalagiri.