Tourist Places in Coimbatore
1. Monkey Falls
- Monkey Falls is located in the Anaimalai Hills range of the Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu. This refreshing waterfall is about 6 km from Azhiyar Dam. Moreover, it is located on a road connecting Pollachi and Valparai. This place is also suitable for trekking lovers. Further, the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary and Azhiyar Dam are some of the noteworthy places to be explored nearby. Therefore, the best time to visit Monkey Falls is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the best places to enjoy weekend trips.
2. Marudhamalai Temple
- Marudamalai Temple is a popular 12th-century hill temple located in Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu. Built by Tamil kings during the Sangam period. The Marudhamalai temple has its main deity is Lord Muruga. And also considered as the Seventh House of Lord Murugan. The Dravidian architecture of the Temple is completely inspiring the tourists. Further, Thai Poosam and other Murugan festivals are celebrated here. It grows important medicinal herbs, which are used for making ayurvedic medicines. Therefore, the best time to visit Marudhamalai Temple is from October to June. Thus, it is one of the beautiful temples to visit in Coimbatore.
3. Anamalai Tiger Reserve
- Anamalai Tiger Reserve is located in the Anaimalai Hills of Pollachi and Valparai of Coimbatore District, Tamil Nadu. Earlier known as Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park. Further, here you can also witness the wild leopards, tigers, peacocks, deers and elephants. Moreover, in this forest we get an opportunity to stay and observe the wildlife of the reserve. More than thousands of tourists come here every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Anamalai Tiger Reserve is from December to June. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Coimbatore.
4. Siruvani Falls
- Siruvani Waterfalls is located in Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu. And also known as Kovai Kutralam Falls. It is home to certain tribals like the Mudugars and Irulars. The view from the falls and the dam attracts tourists from all over. And Siruvani Waterfalls creates a picture-postcard view with its free-flowing milky water streams. Furthermore, here, you can head for trekking amid the Nilgiri ranges, indulge in bird watching, or embark on a jungle safari. Therefore, the best time to visit Siruvani Waterfalls is from June to September. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Coimbatore.
5. Adiyogi Shiva Statue
- The Adiyogi statue is located at Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a 34-meter-tall and 25-metre-wide steel statue of Shiva with Thirunamam. And also recognized by the Guinness World Records as the “Largest Bust Sculpture” in the world. More than thousands of tourists come to visit this beautiful statue every year. Further, the purpose behind this standing statue is to promote the culture of yoga and meditation. Therefore, the best time to visit the Adiyogi Shiva statue is from April to October. Thus, it is one of the Most Popular Places to visit in Coimbatore.