Tourist Places in Coonoor
1. Sim's Park
- Sim’s Park is located in Coonoor, Nilgiris in the state of Tamil Nadu. Spreads over an area of 12 hectares. It is a well-maintained botanical hub of Coonoor. Here you can easily hundreds and thousands of trees and flowering plants. Home to rare exotic species and colorful garden to soothe the visitor’s eyes. Further, the park also features a Rose Garden that has some of the finest variety of Roses in the country. The most distinctive feature of Sim’s park is the natural shola with winding footpaths all over the higher slopes. Also, there is a lake inside the park and the tourists can enjoy the boating. Sim’s Park is visited by more than thousands of people from near and far every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Sim’s Park is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the most popular and visited destinations in Coonoor.
2. Dolphin's Nose
- Dolphin’s Nose Viewpoint, located in Coonoor in the Nilgiris District in the state of Tamil Nadu. Situated well above 1,550 meters above the sea level. The route to the Dolphin’s Nose is all covered up by lush green-colored tea estates. As the tip of the peak resembles a dolphin’s nose, hence the name Dolphin’s Nose. It is an enormous rock formation that is entirely unique. It provides a beautiful view of the surrounding forests and the giant green mountains with the distant view of the Catherine falls making the aura pleasant for nature lovers. Dolphin’s Nose is set amidst the rolling hills of the Nilgiris Hills. This place is famous for tourism, adventure, and photography. Therefore, the best time to visit the Dolphins Nose is from September to June. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Coonoor.
3. Heritage Train
- Heritage train is a slow-motion toy train through lush backdrops and bridges illustrating a roller-coaster ride at high altitudes in the Nilgiris Hills. It began its service in the 19th century, as a means of tea or coffee transportation. The heritage train takes the tourists a ride from Ooty to Coonoor. More than hundreds of visitors enjoy this Heritage Train journey. The 40 km track runs through 16 tunnels and trundles over 362 bridges, snakes up mountains that are carpeted with dense forests and rolling meadows. Further, the ride takes the tourists through the mesmerizing hills and coffee plantation, allowing you to enjoy every bit of it. However, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2005. Thus, it is one of the most important attractions of Coonoor.
4. Hidden Valley
- Hidden Valley is located in Coonoor, Nilgiris in the state of Tamil Nadu. The tranquillity of the atmosphere, nature, the clouds above ahead just offers the most scenic pleasure. The valley offers various adventurous experiences to tourists which include mountaineering, rock climbing, trekking, and more. People prefer to travel with their families and friends to take a quick break from their daily hustles and enjoy nature. Therefore, the valley is a pure delight for nature lovers, photographers, and trekkers. It is an unusual location that gives its visitors a scenic picturesque. Thus, it is one of the most exciting places to visit in Coonoor.
5. St. Catherine Falls
- St. Catherine Falls is a double-cascaded waterfall located in Kotagiri in the Nilgiris District in the state of Tamil Nadu. It falls from an altitude of 250 feet. Moreover, St.Catherine falls is the second-highest in the Nilgiri mountains. The cascading waters gushing down the hill are quite a treat for the tourists to watch. The hiking trails in the middle of the Shola forest attract adventure seekers and trekkers throughout the year. However, Catherine Falls has beautiful surroundings and hence offers spectacular views. Therefore, the best time to visit Catherine Falls is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the major tourist spots to visit in Coonoor.