Places to visit in Dharamshala
1. Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
- Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium (HPCA) is located in the city of Dharamshala in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Established in the year 2003 and, situated at an altitude of 1,457 meters above sea level. And also one of the highest cricket grounds in the world. Built-in Tibetan architectural style and thus attracts the tourist from all corners of the world. Further, it is open for tourists even when no matches are scheduled. This stadium offers the most picturesque view as it is surrounded by greens of the Himalayan range. However, the town of Dharamsala is best known for its beautiful cricket stadium. Therefore, the best time to visit the Dharamshala Cricket Stadium is from February to July. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Dharamshala.
- Tsuglagkhang is located in the city of Dharamshala in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Built-in the year 1959 when Dalai Lama visited India for the first time. It is the official home of the 14th Dalai Lama and also the largest Tibetan temple outside Tibet. Here you can also spot the idols of Buddha sitting on an elevated pedestal. The temple is surrounded by green valleys, misty hills, and a beautiful aura. The other tourist places of attraction are Kalachakra Temple, Namgyal Cafe, and Tibetan Museum. This place is a major pilgrimage site and thus attracts its visitors from everywhere. Therefore, the best time to visit the Tsuglagkhang is from April to October. Hence, it is one of the most important places to see in Dharamshala.
- Triund is a small hill station, located in the Kangra district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Also known as the “crown jewel of Dharamshala”. Situated at a height of 2,828 m and, surrounded by the Dhauladhar ranges on one side and rolling green valleys on the other. Thus, it offers the most picturesque view to its visitors. This place is a heaven for trekkers and nature lovers. It also provides a mesmerizing view of the Moon Peak-Indera Pass. Triund Trek is one of the most popular trekking spots for weekend trips. Therefore, the best time to visit the Triund is from May to October. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to see in Dharamshala.
4. Namgyal Monastery
- Namgyal Monastery is located in Mcleod Ganj in the city of Dharamshala in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Also often referred to as “Dalai Lama’s Temple“. This monastery looks vibrant and pulls more than thousands of visitors every year. It currently houses 200 monks who work towards protecting the practices, skills, and traditions of the monastery. Therefore, the Best time to visit is Namgyal Monastery from September to October. Thus, it is one of the most famous tourist places in Dharamshala.
5. Bhagsu Waterfall
- Bhagsu Waterfall is located in the city of Dharamshala in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It falls from a height of around 30 feet and is surrounded by natural beauty. The major tourist attraction here is the famous Bhagsunath Temple. The sparkling cascade of milky white water looks most charming during the monsoon. It is a famous weekend picnic spot for family and friends. Therefore, the best time to visit is Bhagsu Waterfall is from June to September. Thus, it is one of the most important sightseeing destinations in Dharamshala.