1. Minicoy Island
- Minicoy Island is located in Lakshadweep, India. Also known as Maliku. Spreads over a distance of 4.8 sq km and appears as a crescent in shape. It also has a old lighthouse that was constructed in 1885. Renowned for its tradition dance, and the lava, thaara and dandi and and bandiya are performed on festive occasions. However, the Minicoy Island is the second-largest island of the Lakshadweep and is one of the few inhabited islands of the group. Furthermore, the island is the central hub for all plans to Lakshadeep, or it’s sister islands. Colourful race boats called “Jahadhoni” attracts the eyes of every tourist. It is also famous for its Maldives influences culture and cuisine. This picturesque destination is very popular among the tourists. Therefore, the best time to visit the Minicoy Island is from September to May. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Lakshadweep.
2. Bangaram Island
- Bangaram is a small island in Lakshadweep, India. Popularly known for its coral reefs. It lies very close to Agatti and Kavaratti. Spreads over 120 acres and looks like a tiny teardrop in shape. It is also famous for its clean and calm beaches. This island is a small area and less population give a sense of being on a private island. You can involve in various water sport activities like canoeing, kayaking, water skiing or windsurfing. The sunrises and sunsets views are a really amazing and treat to the eyes of the tourists. This island is popular among the natural lovers. Therefore, the best time to visit the Bangaram Island is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the most visited islands in the Lakshadweep.
3. Kavaratti Island
- Kavaratti Island is the capital of the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, India. It is well known for its pristine white sand beaches and calm lagoons. The town is noted for the carved wooden pillars and roofs of its mosques and the carved stones of its graveyards. It also is best known for its a vast expanse of marine life, coconut trees and beautiful sceneries. However, Kavaratti is the most developed island in Lakshadweep. This island is a popular ship trip from the state, Kerala. It is ideal spot for water sport activities including swimming, water skiing and snorkeling. Therefore, the best time to visit the Kavaratti Island is from August to March.
4. Kalpeni Island
- Kalpeni Island is located in Lakshadweep, India. Also known as Koefaini. It is famous for its beautiful lagoon surrounding the island and also highly rich in Coral life. This island is formed by a group of three islands namely Cheriyam, Pitti and Tillakkam. It is one of the most picturesque areas of Lakshadweep. Further, Kalpeni is a great place for various activities like swimming, snorkeling, sailboats, pedal boats, and doing reef-walk in the vast lagoon. Therefore, the best time to visit the November to February. Thus, it is a must-visit place in Lakshadweep.
5. Kadmat Island
- Kadmat Island is a coral island, located in Lakshadweep, India . Also known as Cardamom Island. This island is famous for marine turtles and coral reefs. The white beaches, sunkissed shores, wonderful lagoons, blue waters, and vibrant coral reefs offers a beautiful experience to the tourists. You can also indulge in various adventure activities like scuba diving, kayaking, snorkelling and paragliding. It attracts visitors from all over the world. Therefore, the best time to visit the Kadmat Island is from October to May. Thus, it is one of the most popular islands to visit in Lakshadweep.