Places to visit in Mcleodganj
- Triund is a small hill station, located in the Kangra district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Also known as the “crown jewel of Dharamshala”. Situated at a height of 2,828 m. It offers the most picturesque view to its visitors. This place is a heaven for trekkers and nature lovers. It is a perfect place for trekking with amazing trails offering scenic views of the entire Kangra Valley. Thus, Triund Trek is one of the most popular trekking spots for weekend trips. Further, the trek from Mcleodganj to Triund takes you through scenic landscapes and rocky terrains. Therefore, the best time to visit the Triund is from May to October. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Mcleodganj.
2. Bhagsu Waterfalls
- Bhagsu Waterfall is located near Mcleodganj in Dharamshala district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It falls from a height of around 30 feet and is surrounded by lush greenery. The sparkling cascade of milky white water looks most charming during the monsoon. One of the major tourist attractions here is the famous Bhagsunath Temple. The location of the temple is surrounded by pristine-looking dense forests, mountains, and a cascading waterfall that flows through itself. Further, the Bhagsu Waterfall is a famous weekend picnic spot for family and friends. Therefore, the best time to visit is Bhagsu Waterfall is from June to September. Thus, it is one of the most famous tourist spots to visit in Mcleodganj.
3. St John’s Church
- St. John in the Wilderness is an Anglican church, located near Mcleodganj in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It lies in a dense jungle between Mcleodganj and Forsythganj. Built in the year 1852 and is dedicated to John the Baptist. The church is built in neo-Gothic architecture. And is known for its Belgian stained-glass windows donated by Lady Elgin, wife of Lord Elgin. However, it is one of the oldest built structures of Dharamsala. The church is embedded amid a grove of Deodars, with a quaint graveyard lying on the same grounds. Therefore, the best time to visit St. John Church is from March to June. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Mcleodganj.
4. Dal Lake
- Dal lake is located in Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir, India. This small lake is close to a beautiful village called Tota Rani. It covers an area of 18 sq km, which includes 21 sq km of floating gardens. The main attractions of Dal lake are houseboats and shikaras. However, the views of this beautiful lake are completely different in 4 seasons. Dal Lake is the second-largest lake in Jammu & Kashmir. The lake is surrounded by snow-capped mountains and towering deodar trees. The top attractions near Dal Lake are Nishat Garden, Tulip Garden, Chashme Shahi, Shalimar Bagh, Hazaratbal Shrine, and Nagin Lake. Also popular for the floating market, known as Raad. It is the most visited place in Srinagar by tourists and local people. Therefore, the best time to visit Dal lake is from May to November. Thus, it is one of the must-visit places near Mcleodganj.
- Dharamkot is a small hill station, located in Kangra in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Also known as the second home for Israeli tourists coming to India. This village houses the Tushita Retreat Centre where you can practice meditation and yoga for some peace of mind. The picturesque village offers the most mesmerizing views to the tourists. This place is popular among hikers. Therefore, the best time to visit Dharamkot is from September to June. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Mcleodganj.