Places to visit in Mount Abu
1. Nakki Lake
- Nakki Lake is a lake located in the hill station of Mount Abu in the state of Rajasthan. Also known as the Nakki Jheel is a paradise for nature lovers. It is the largest manmade lake at the height of 11, 00 meters in India. This beautiful lake is surrounded by lush greenery, mountains, and many wonders. Further, believed that the clear blue water of the lake turns into amazing shades under the changing sky. Therefore, the best time to visit the lake is from July to February. Tourists can enjoy a peaceful boat ride on the lake. The nearby natural wonders that are visible from Nakki Lake increases its charm. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Mount Abu.
2. Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Aravalli range, in the state of Rajasthan. Spreads over an area of 288 sq km and it was declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1980. Mount Abu Sanctuary houses the highest peak in Rajasthan. The sanctuary is one of the oldest parts of the Mount Abu mountain ranges. It is home to a variety of rare and exotic animals, including the Indian leopard, striped hyena, pangolin, Indian fox, and wild boar. Nature lovers, animal lovers, and photographers will find this place as heaven. Further, it also houses around 112 plant families with 449 genera and 820 species. Thus, it is one of the most visited tourist places in Mount Abu.
3. Guru Shikhar
- Guru Shikhar is a peak in the Arbuda Mountains of the state of Rajasthan. It is the highest point of the Aravalli Range. Set at an elevation of 1,722 metres above sea level. It is home to the temple of Dattatreya, an incarnation of Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. And the peak, called Guru Shikhar after him as Guru Dattatreya had dignified this place. Further, you will also notice a huge bell at the top of the peak, the sound of which can be heard from a long distance. It is also home to the Mount Abu Observatory. Therefore, the best time to visit this place is from October to March. It is famous among adventure seekers and nature lovers. Thus, it is one of the famous tourist places to visit in Mount Abu.
4. Mount Abu Sunset Point
- Sunset point in Mount Abu is a unique place to visit to have a mesmerizing view of the sunset. It is a perfect picnic spot as one can admire the magic of the colored sky as the sunsets. Further, Bailey’s Walk nearby offers pony rides, famous among visiting tourists and kids. Marble statues, sandalwood symbols, and wooden toys can be bought from the temporary stalls set up here. The beautiful slopes, quiet encompassing, and charming atmosphere makes it a most loved tourist spot for travelers. The best time to visit Sunset point is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the most popular viewpoints in Mount Abu.
5. Toad Rock
- Toad Rock is located nearby Nakki Lake in Mount Abu in the state of Rajasthan. It is a huge rock structure, which resembles a toad. It is located on the main trekking route from the hilly town. Also, you can climb the rock, which has around 250 steps, to enjoy panoramic views of the lake, lush green surroundings, and the beautiful city beyond. This place is famous among adventure and nature lovers. The best time to visit Toad Rock is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the most frequented points in the itinerary of all tourists.