- Bagan is an ancient city, located in the Mandalay Region of Myanmar. The UNESCO officially designated Myanmar’s ancient city of Bagan as a World Heritage site. From the 9th to the 13th centuries, Bagan was the capital of the Kingdom of Pagan. However, it is famous for its thousands of old pagodas and stupas stretching into the horizon. Over 2,000 Buddhist monuments dot the Archeological Zone that spreads over an area of 26 square miles. Bagan’s rich culture, history, architecture, and Buddhist temples have attracted more than thousands of travelers to visit it every year. To have a view of this entire breathtaking city, tourists can hop into a hot air balloon and fly over it. Some of the top attractions in Bagan are Ananda Pahto, Shwesandaw Paya, Thatbyinnyu Pahto, Sulamani Pahto, Gubyauknge Temple, and Dhammayangyi Pahto. The hot air balloon rides are very popular among the tourists to enjoy the beautiful views of this city. Therefore, the best time to visit the Bagan is from November to February. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Myanmar.
- Mandalay is a city, located in northern Myanmar on the Irrawaddy River. This city is famous for being the old royal capital of Myanmar. Moreover, Mandalay is known around the world for its rich culture and heritage owing to the contributions made by the dynasties that existed back then. One of the major highlights of this city is Shwenandaw Monastery. This temple influences the rich history and literature of the place around it. The boat cruises from Mandalay to Bagan and Inle, are quite famous for the scenic and most beautiful journey which spans multiple days on the river. Some of the top attractions in Mandalay are Mandalay palace, U Bein Bridge, Kuthodaw pagoda, Mahamuni Buddha Temple, Shwenandaw Monastery, Jade Market, Kandawgyi Lake, and Cultural Museum. The city is popular among tourists, we can plenty of ancient Buddhist pagodas which speak about the rich Burmese culture revolving around Buddhism. Therefore, the best time to visit Mandalay is from November to February. Thus, it is one of the most popular places to visit in Myanmar.
3. Sule Pagoda
- The Sule Pagoda is located in the heart of downtown Yangon, Myanmar. This Buddhist Temple is a 15th-century monument and dedicated Sule Nat, which is worshipped by the Burmese. Also, Sule Pagoda is a place of peace and meditation situated in the middle of the busy city. The dome structure of Pagoda is topped with a golden steeple that extends beautifully across the sky. However, believed to be existing for more than 2,000 years. Further, it is one of the important tourist destinations especially among devotees as it houses a hair relic of Buddha. Sule Pagoda is surrounded by various structures of historical, business, and cultural significance. Therefore, the best time to visit the Sule Pagoda is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Myanmar.
4. Mount Popa
- Mount Popa is a dormant volcano, located in the region of Mandalay in central Myanmar. Situated 1518 meters (4981 feet) above sea level. Established and maintained by a hermit in the early 20th century. Mount Popa is a pilgrimage site, surrounded by numerous Nat temples and relic sites atop the mountain. To reach the monastery you need to climb 777 steps from the base of the vertical pedestal which also offers panoramic views of the plains. However, Mount Popa is home to 37 temples which is dedicated to Mahagiri Nat spirits and a sacred pilgrimage place for the Burmese. Further, this place is a paradise for hikers. Therefore, the best time to visit Mount Popa is from November to May. Thus, it is one of the must-visit places in Myanmar.
5. Inle Lake
- Inle Lake is located in the Nyaungshwe Township in the part of Shan Hills in Myanmar. Spreads over an area of forty-five square miles. The lake has a wide range of flora and fauna, and also gives a spectacular view of the sunset scenery. During the dry season, the average water depth is 7 feet and during the rainy season, it can increase by 5 feet. The most notable feature of the lake is that the fisherman rows canoes with one leg, gardens float, and wooden homes perch above the water on rickety stilts. Hence, Inle Lake is the second largest lake in Myanmar. The stunning blue water and majestic hills in the backdrop offer mesmerizing views to the tourists. Famous for its floating villages and gardens and the unique way of life of the local Intha people. Further, the islands of Inle Lake accommodate 17 villages, which are on stilts. Therefore, the best time to visit Inle Lake is from October to May. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Myanmar.
6. Kakku Pagodas
- Kakku Pagoda is located in the Shan Hills in Myanmar. It offers a unique alternative to the plentiful temples spread throughout Southeast Asia. Believed to date back over 2,000 years, makes you feel like you’ve stepped into another world. Most of the pagodas are made from bricks and coated with stucco. Also, they all are similar in shape and size, the central pagoda is 40 m high. Further, some of the stupas are decorated with carved sculptures while others have enshrined images of the Buddha. Almost 2,500 of them dot the hills near Inle Lake. More than hundreds of tourists come here to visit this place. Therefore, the best time to visit the Kakku Pagodas is in the month of March. Thus, it is one of the most amazing tourist places in Myanmar.