1. Nainital Lake
- Nainital Lake is located in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Also known as Naini Lake. This lake is kidney-shaped or crescent-shaped and also an integral part of Kumaoni folklore. It is one of the most visited lakes in India. The Nainital lake is surrounded by green hills and gives peaceful views of the sunset. Tourists can also enjoy boating, paddling, and yachting in the lake. More than thousands of tourists come to visit this place every year. The best time to visit the Nainital Lake is from March to June. Thus it is one of the Best Places to visit in Nainital.
2. Naini Peak
- Naini Peak is located in the Nainital district of the state, Uttarakhand. Also known as China Peak or Cheena peak. Set at a height of 2,615 m above sea level. Moreover, it is the best point to have the splendid Bird’s eye view of the Himalayas, Kumaon region, and the city. This peak is famous for trekking and horse riding. And also bliss for people who love walking. Further, the Nanda Devi Peak and the mountains of the Tibet border are visible from the top of this peak. Thus, Naina peak is one of the most famous sightseeing places in Nainital. Therefore, the best time to visit Naini Peak is from March to June.
3. Tiffin Top
- Tiffin Top is located on the Ayarpatta Hills in the state of Uttarakhand. Also, known as Dorothy’s Seat. Set at a height of 2290 m above sea level. It offers some of the most breathtaking views of the Himalayas and Nainital. Further, the Kumaun Hills surrounding this location gives the place calm and serene scenery making it more delightful for all visitors. This hilltop is a photographer’s heaven and a perfect spot for a family picnic. Here you can experience other activities like Rappelling and Rock Climbing. Thus, it is one of the most popular picnic spots in Nainital.
4. Snow View Point
- Snow viewpoint is located 2 km away from the Nainital city in the state of Uttarakhand. Set at an altitude of 2,270 meters from the sea level. It gives a most picturesque view of all three important peaks namely Nanda Devi, Trishul, and Nanda Kot peaks together from this point. Further, The mountain also has a temple to which residents worship. At the top of the viewpoint, a pair of binoculars is installed, it allows the tourists to have a closer look at the beautiful snow-covered peaks. It is well connected by road but an adventurous ride in aerial ropeway from Mallital is worth it. Thus, Snow viewpoint is one of the most visited spots by people all over.
5. Naina Devi Temple
- Naina Devi Temple is located in the Nainital city in the state of Uttarakhand. It is a famous Shakti Peeth of Hindu religion and draws devotees from all over the country. And also believed that this was the place where the eyes of Sati’s corpse fell when Lord Shiva carried her. Moreover, the city of Nainital got its name from the Naina Devi Temple. Every year you can spot more than thousands of travelers coming to this beautiful temple. Thus, the Naina Devi temple is considered one of the most sacred temples in the country.