Tourist Places in Nashik
1. Sula Vineyards
- Sula Vineyards is a winery and vineyard, located in Nashik City in the state of Maharashtra, India. Home to sixty wineries and boasts of being the first-ever winery in the entire nation. Founded by Rajeev Samant in 1999 and has grown to be India’s largest and most awarded wine brand. The unparalleled experience of viewing the wine-making process will make the visitors fall in love with this place. It has always been a famous tourist attraction for people all across the country. This place is open to the public view and also offers them a round of wine tasting and a tour of the vineyard on all days. It attracts more than thousands of tourists every year to visit it. Further, it introduced grape varietals such as Chenin blanc, Sauvignon blanc, Riesling, and Zinfandel in India. The ambiance and surroundings of the Sula Vineyards is really beautiful, and the scenic views transform it into another world altogether. People can enjoy the beautiful stay and great food at the restaurants and resorts located here. Therefore, the best time to visit Sula Vineyards is from January to March. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Nashik.
- Saptashrungi is a Hindu pilgrimage site, located near Nashik City in the state of Maharashtra, India. It is situated at a height of 4659 km above sea level. Further, to reach the top of the temple you need to climb 510 steps or you can choose the easier way by taking a ropeway. Surrounded by seven mountain peaks having 108 bodies of water which are called kundas and forests that are rich in flora and fauna. The temple is also known popularly as one of the “three and a half Shakti Peethas” of Maharashtra. According to Hindu traditions, the goddess Saptashrungi Nivasini dwells within the seven mountain peaks. The temple comprises an idol of Saptashrungi Nivasini which is eight feet high and has eighteen hands, each having various types of weapons. Innumerable travelers and devotees visit Saptshrungi every year. However, the view of the surrounding hills from this temple is really mesmerizing. Therefore, the best time to visit Saptashrungi is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Destinations to visit near Nashik.
3. Dudhsagar Falls
- Dudhsagar Falls is located in Nashik City in the state of Maharashtra, India. Also known as Someshwar Water Fall. It offers a panoramic view with spectacular scenery. The waterfall has a height of 10 meters and is shaped over the sacred River Godai. Cascading from a great height, the astonishing view of this waterfall is really beautiful and leaves the visitors awestruck. Furthermore, the Dudhsagar falls is one of the tallest waterfalls in India. Therefore, the best time to visit Dudhsagar Falls is from October to June. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Nashik.
4. Nashik Caves
- The Nasik Caves are located in Nashik City in the state of Maharashtra, India. Also known as Trirashmi Leni or Pandu Caves. These caves date back to the time period between the 1st century BCE and the 3rd century CE. Further, additional sculptures were added up to about the 6th century, reflecting changes in Buddhist devotional practices. It is a group of 24 caves that represents Hinayana Buddhism. The caves tell a story of the three great dynasties that must have ruled Nashik. However, the architecture of these caves is really unique and impressive. The inscriptions present inside of these caves acts as significant study material for researchers and scholars to this day. You can also find some beautiful sculptures, chambers, water structures, and stone ladders built inside the caves. Therefore, the best time to visit Nashik Caves is from July to February. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Nashik.
- Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple is located in the Trimbakeshwar tehsil in Nashik the state of Maharashtra, India. Established by the Maratha ruler, Peshwa Nana Saheb in the 18th century and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga temples in India. Further, the fascinating feature of the Jyotirlinga is its three faces symbolizing Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, and Lord Rudra. Moreover, it is considered the most sacred town in India. Hence, more than hundreds of devotees visit this temple every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Trimbakeshwar is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the must-visit places to visit in Nashik.