Tourist Places in Yercaud
1. Lady's seat
- Lady’s seat is located southwest of Shevaroy Hill, Yercaud in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a natural seat in the rock formation, where people can sit and stretch their feet onto an adjacent rock. During the olden days, an English lady used to spend her evenings at this place watching the beautiful view and thus became their favorite spot. Further, it offers the most spectacular views of the sunrise and sunset. Therefore, the best time to visit Lady’s seat is from March to June. The place also houses a viewing tower, which is equipped with a telescope to enjoy the surrounding beautiful view. Thus, it is one of the prime attractions to visit in Yercaud.
2. Pagoda Point
- Pagoda Point is located in Yercaud Hills in the state of Tamil Nadu. Also Known as Pyramid Point because of the four piles of stones lying in the shape of a pyramid. The beautiful surroundings and Panoramic views of Salem can also be seen. The twists and turns of the 21 hairpin bends of Yercaud can be seen from this point. Moreover, the Pagoda Point was built by the local tribes of Tamil Nadu. This place is famous among nature lovers. The other place of attraction near this point is Sri Rama Temple and it is visited by more than hundreds of tourists every year. Thus, it is one of the most popular places to visit in Yercaud.
3. Yercaud Lake
- Yercaud lake is located in the state of Tamil Nadu. Also known as Emerald Lake or Big Lake. Surrounded by beautiful gardens, cloud-peaked hills, and well-wooded trees, provides a mesmerizing view. However, the Yercaud Lake is the only naturally occurring mountain lake found in South India. More than thousands of travelers to come to this place every year. Tourists can also enjoy a wide range of activities like boating. Therefore, the best time to visit Yercaud lake is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Yercaud.
4. Kiliyur Falls
- Kiliyur Falls is located in the Shervaroyan hill range in the state of Tamil Nadu. The waters fall 91 m (300 ft) into the Kiliyur Valley. Tourists have to walk down 250 steps to reach the point of waterfalls. Therefore, the best time to visit Kiliyur Falls is from October to February. During this time, the falls provide visitors a most mesmerizing and interesting view of the waterfalls. Further, travellers can also involve in various activities like boating, swimming and trekking. Thus, it is one of the famous tourist places to visit in Yercaud.
5. Anna Park
- Anna Park is located near Yercaud lake in the state of Tamil Nadu. It offers beautiful views of natural species, plants and animals around Shevaroys Hills. Anna Park is an ideal place to visit for short trips, picnics with family and friends from Salem. During the month of May, a Flower show is organised which attracts more than thousands of visitors from all over the country. Further, a Japanese Park is located within Anna Park which showcases the primitive and ancient Japanese methods of horticulture. It is a great place for nature lovers and photographers. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to see in Yercaud.
6. Rose Garden
- The rose garden is located in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a famous site to witness a large number of rose varieties. Further, the garden is really big and is maintained with many beautiful red and white roses along with other flowers. Different species of the queen of flowers and the astounding views of the garden gives a perfect delight for the visitors. Also, there are wide pathways with tall trees on both sides Thus, it is one of the top sightseeing destinations in Yercaud.