1. Chennai to Munnar
Munnar is a popular hill station in the state of Kerala. Set at an altitude of 1600 meters. Popularly known for its greenery tea plantations. Further, the best route for a road trip to Munnar from Chennai is to take a drive via Dindigul and Udumalai and reach Munnar. And the distance is almost 583 km and it takes around 11 hours to reach Munnar. Therefore it is a proper tourist hub with resorts and activities that have attracted visitors for decades. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trip Places in South India.
- The best time to visit Munnar is from March to June, July to September, or November to February.
- Distance: 583 km
- Places to visit: Eravikulam National Park, Kundala Dam & Lake, Attukal Waterfalls, TATA Tea Museum, Photo Point, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Pothamedu View Point, and Echo Point.
2. Bangalore to Hampi
Hampi is an ancient village in the state of Karnataka. The temples of Hampi and the monolithic sculptures, these monuments attracts more than thousand of travelers because of their excellent workmanship. Moreover, it was once the capital of the historical Vijayanagara Dynasty. Further, the architectural ruins of Hampi are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Famous for its marvellous architecture. Hence, Hampi is a favorite destination for tourists in Karnataka.
- The best time to visit Hampi is between September and March.
- Distance: 340 Km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Virupaksha Temple, Lotus Mahal, Vijaya Vittala Temple, Hampi Bazaar, Yantrodharaka Hanuman Temple, Hippie Island, and Elephant Stables.
3. Mumbai to Goa
Goa is a state in western India with coastlines stretching along the Arabian Sea. Famous for its beaches and places of worship. And it is considered to be one of the most favorite destinations among Indian tourists. It is popular for its shopping, nightlife, architecture, beaches, and water sports. Hence, the road trip from Mumbai to Goa is most popular amongst the teenagers.
- The best time to visit Goa is from November to February.
- Distance: 567 km from Mumbai.
- Places to visit: Baga Beach, Calangute Beach, Church of Our Lady Of Hope, St. Alex Church, Mangeshi Temple, Tito’s Street, Arambol Beach, and Reis Magos Fort.
4. Hyderabad to Badami
Badami is a town in the Bagalkot district in the state of Karnataka. Also known as Vatapi. It is a historical place. Further, Badami is famous for its rock-cut structural temples. There are lots of ancient temples, forts, and historical places to visit in Badami. However, it might be a little long but the enchanting surroundings throughout would totally make it worth it. Therefore, the drive to Badami is one of the most beautiful road trips from Hyderabad.
- The best time to visit Badami is between October and April.
- Distance: 420 km
- Places to visit: Cave Temples, Bhutanatha Temples, Badami Fort, and Agastya Lake.
5. Kochi to Alleppey
Alleppey or Alappuzha is often termed the “Venice of the East”, located in the state of Kerala. Further, this town is among the oldest planned towns in India. And also, Alleppey is famous for its several backwater canals, beaches, a network of tranquil canals paddy fields, and lagoons. Hence, this is one of the prime attractions that pull visitors to the place is the stay at houseboats. Thus, it is one of the beautiful road trip destinations to take in South India.
- The best time to visit Allepey is between November to February as the weather is mild and pleasant.
- Distance: 62 km
- Places to visit: Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Vembanad Lake, Mannarasala Temple, St. Andrew’s Forane Church, Stay in Houseboat, Marari Beach, and Alappuzha Beach.