Road Trips to Take from Srinagar
Pahalgam is a town in Anantnag district in Jammu and Kashmir. Situated at an altitude of 7,200 feet above sea level. Its natural surroundings, lush green meadows, dense trees, and pristine waters, attract thousands of tourists from all corners of the world every year. Moreover, tourists can also visit the Betab Valley and spend their time there enjoying nature. This road trip from Srinagar to Pahalgam is really amazing and on the way, you can see colorful gardens, hills, evergreen pine forests, and snow-clad mountains. Furthermore, you can also involve in various adventure activities like hiking, trekking, and fishing in Pahalgam. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trips to Take from Srinagar.
- Distance: 90 km from Srinagar
- Best time to visit: March to November
- Places of attraction: Betaab Valley, Aru Valley, Baisaran, Tulian Lake, Kashmir Valley, Chandanwari, and Sheikhpora.
Yusmarg is a hill station in Jammu and Kashmir, India. Set at an altitude of 2396 m above sea level. It provides space for beautiful landscapes. This place is popular among adventure seekers. However, Yusmarg is also famed for having some exceptional springs of flowers. Tourists also enjoy small picnics near the beautiful Neel Nag lake. Thus, it is a must-visit place in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Distance: 50 km from Srinagar
- Best time to visit: March to September
- Places of attraction: Pakherpora Shrine, Charari Sharief, Dudh Ganga, Nilang Lake, and Sang-e-Safed.
Gulmarg is a hill station, located in Kashmir. Also known as the “Meadow of Flowers”. Gulmarg is adorned with snow-capped mountains, lush greenery, small lakes, and a large variety of beautiful flowers. Situated at the height of 2,650 meters above sea level. This place is a popular skiing destination and thus, an absolute delight for adventure seekers. Further, Gulmarg is reckoned to have the world’s second-highest golf course, which is situated at an altitude of 2650 meters. Thus, it is a beautiful place to visit in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Distance: 52 km from Srinagar
- Best time to visit: March to June
- Places of attraction: St. Mary’s Church, Gulmarg Gondola, Apharwat Peak, Alpather Lake, Outer Circle Walk, Ningle Nallah, Baba Reshi Shrine, and Maharani Temple.
Kargil is a city in Ladakh in India. It is the second-largest city in Ladakh. The road trip from Srinagar to Kargil will offer you scenic views of beautiful landscapes filled with apple orchards and ripe peaches with absolute calmness around. And the roads are dotted with maple trees will further leave you longing for more.
- Distance: 205 km from Srinagar
- Best time to visit: May to September
- Places of attraction: Dras War Memorial, Mulbekh Monastery, Rangdum Monastery, Hunderman village, Phuktal Monastery, and Drang-Drung Glacier.
Ladakh is a region administered by India as a union territory. Also known as the world’s coldest desert. It is an adventure playground for climbing, jeeps tours, rafting, and high-altitude trekking. Apart from this, it is also popular for its rich heritage and culture. The beautiful monasteries, picturesque locations, and interesting markets attract more than thousands of visitors from all over the world. One gets to witness the gorgeous vistas, and take the feel of rugged routes, snow-clad mountains, and soaring peaks. Therefore, the road trip from Srinagar to Leh is really filled with adventure and thrill. Thus, it is one of the best road trip destinations in India.
- Distance: 418 km from Srinagar
- Best time to visit: April, June, or September
- Places of attraction: Pangong Tso, Zanskar Valley, Changla Pass, Thiksey Monastery, Hemis National Park, Khardung La, Tso Moriri, Dras War Memorial, and Nubra Valley.
Sonmarg is a hill station located in the Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir. Situated at an elevation of around 2800 km from sea level. Sonamarg is surrounded by glaciers, forests, serene lakes, flowers, and snow-capped mountains. It really offers beautiful views to the tourists. Further, this place is popular for trekking as it is easy to reach. Moreover, it was the gateway to the Silk Road connecting Kashmir with China. Further, you can opt to experience river rafting, hiking when you are in Sonmarg. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trip Places in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Distance: 80 km from Srinagar
- Best time to visit: April to June
- Places of attraction: Thajiwas Glacier, Amarnath Cave, Satsar Lake, Baltal Valley, Naranag, Kishansar Lake, Vishansar Lake, and Gadsar Lake.