Places to visit in Dehradun
- Sahasradhara is located in Dehradun in the state of Uttarakhand, India. It is situated on the banks of the small river, Kali Gad. This place is comprised of waterfalls, caves, and steppe farming lands and provides a beautiful experience to the tourists. Further, it has the magnificent beauty of nature where water drips from the limestone stalactites and is thus known for its sulphur springs. However, Sahastradhara can be visited throughout the year. And also this place attracts a lot of travelers from faraway places. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Dehradun.
2. Robber's Cave
- Robber’s Cave is located near Sahasradhara in the state of Uttarakhand. And locals call it as he locals as Gucchupani. This river cave is a formation in the Himalayas and believed to be an abode of Lord Shiva. Surrounded by lofty hills and has freezing-cold springs inside. Further, during the British times, it said that the robbers used to treat this cave as a hideout, and hence, the name. Therefore, the best time to visit Robbers Cave is during the monsoon. Many people crowd on this place for day trips, excursions, and trekking. Thus, it is one of the Most Popular Places to visit in Dehradun.
3. Tiger Falls
- Tiger Falls is located in the hilly terrains of Chakrata in the state of Uttarakhand. Set at an elevation of 1395 m above sea level. Moreover, it is one of the highest direct waterfalls in India. Further, tourists can also enjoy various adventure activities like canoeing, rappelling, and rafting in the waters. It is also a good place for trekking and gives a beautiful experience. This place is surrounded by dense forests with rhododendron and oak trees. The best time to visit Tiger Falls is from March to November. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Places to visit in Dehardun.
4. Deer Park
- Malsi Deer Park is located about 10 kilometers from Dehradun in the state of Uttarakhand. It is a major wildlife lovers attraction after Rajaji National Park in Dehradun. The place is an ideal gateway from the busy city life and enjoys wildlife attractions. Further, here you can see many animals like nilgai, deer’s, tigers etc. This park is also home to the national bird peacock and some Himalayan bird species. Hence, it is a popular destination for bird watchers. Malsi Deer Park’s picturesque view and vibrant wildlife make it an interesting destination for photographers and also a heaven for nature lovers. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Dehradun.
5. Mindrolling Monastery
- Mindrolling Monastery is located in Dehradun city in the state of Uttarakhand. It is one of the “Six Mother Monasteries” of the Nyingma school in Tibet. Mindrolling Monastery was found by Rigzin Terdak Lingpa in the year 1676. Dedicated to Buddhist teachings and world peace. This monastery in Clemant Town has a 60-meter tall stupa housing important Tibetan relics, scriptures and wall paintings. Further, this architectural masterpiece with many sections, and the monastery is a visual wonder. More than hundreds of people come here to visit this place every year. Thus, it is one of the top tourist places to visit in Uttarakhand.