Places to visit in Kodaikanal
- Kodaikanal Lake is located in Kodaikanal in the Dindigul district, Tamil Nadu. Also known as Kodai Lake. This lake is the most popular geographic landmark and tourist attraction of the Kodaikanal. It is a manmade lake. Further, the lake is set at an elevation of 2285 meters above sea level. Boating service for the public and tourists has become fully functional and is of aesthetic significance for tourism. This lake attracts more than thousands of people from all over the world. Therefore, the best time to visit Kodaikanal Lake is from March to May. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Kodaikanal.
2. Pillar Rocks
- Pillar Rocks is located in the Kodaikanal in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a set of three giant rock pillars which stand 122 meters (400 ft) high. And these majestic pillar rocks are what edge the Guna Caves. This place is not only famed for the three giant pillars but is also one of the best viewpoints you will find in Kodaikanal and its surrounding areas. Further, these rocks are famous for providing a bird’s view of nearby surroundings. Hence, Pillar Rocks stand as an untouched miracle for the tourists visiting Kodaikanal. Therefore, the best time to visit Pillar rocks is from April to June. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Kodaikanal.
3. Green Valley - Suicide Point
- Green Valley View is located in the Kodaikanal city in the state of Tamil Nadu. It has a panoramic view of the plains and a sheer drop of 1,500 meters overlooking the Vaigai Dam to the south. The stairway leading up to it is highly commercialized and lined with rows of shops to tempt tourists. Moreover, it is also surrounded by a lot of monkeys. It is also amongst the dangerous viewpoints since the route up is tricky, and is on a great height which makes standing there also unsafe. Further, the Green Valley is used to be known as a suicide point because of the dangerous valley which is dense and deep. Therefore, the best time to visit Green Valley View is from March to June. Thus, it is one of the most thrilling places to visit in Kodaikanal.
- Thalaiyar Falls is a waterfall located in the Palani Hills of the Theni District in the state of Tamil Nadu. And also known as Rat Tail Falls. It is one of the tributaries of the Vaigai river which flows in the south of Tamil Nadu State. This fall is 975 feet (297 m) tall. Moreover, it is the highest waterfall in Tamil Nadu and the sixth highest waterfall in India and the 267th highest in the world. Further, there is a view tower in the park at the Dum Dum Rock, from where you can get a beautiful view of the falls and the Manjalar Dam. Therefore, the best time to visit Kodaikanal Lake is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit in Kodaikanal.
5. Coaker’s Walk
- Coaker’s walk is located in the Kodaikanal city in the state of Tamil Nadu. The lovely path of Coakers Walk that curves by the edge of the gorgeous mountain has been constructed mainly for morning and evening walks. Further, the telescope house escalates the view of the valley. The sight is breathtakingly beautiful, and it almost makes one feel like they are walking in the clouds. The places offer tourists a refreshing setting along with a breathtaking view of the plains. Therefore, the best time to visit Kodaikanal Lake is from December to February. Thus, it is one of the must visit places in Kodaikanal.