1. Golden Temple
- The Golden Temple is located in the city of Amritsar, Punjab. Also known as the Harmandir Sahib. The Golden Temple is spiritually the most significant shrine in Sikhism. And it is famous for its full golden dome. Whenever you visit the Golden Temple, do not miss the langar. Further, it is one of the most sacred pilgrim spots for Sikhs. The langar feeds a minimum of 40,000 people every day. Therefore, the best time to visit Amritsar is between November and March. Thus, the GoldenTemple is one of the best places to visit in Punjab.
2. Harike Wetland and Bird Sanctuary
- Harike Wetland and Bird Sanctuary are located on the border of Tarn Taran Sahib and Ferozepur district of the Punjab state. This wetland ecosystem covers an area of 4,100 hectares. And it is the largest wetland in northern India. Further, this popular Harike Lake in the deeper part of the wetland is the main site for spotting many rare species of migratory birds. The rich biodiversity of the wetland plays a vital role in maintaining the precious hydrological balance. Therefore, the best time to visit Harike Wetland and Bird Sanctuary is from October to March. And also it is one of the most important Wildlife Sanctuaries of not only Punjab but also being recognized throughout the world. Thus, Harike Wetland and Bird Sanctuary is one of the popular places to visit in Punjab.
- Ludhiana is located in the state of Punjab. The city stands on the old bank of the Sutlej River. It is an industrial center of northern India, often referred to as Indian Manchester by BBC. Moreover, Ludhiana is one among the list of smart cities that will be developed by the government of India and has been ranked as the easiest city in India for business according to the World Bank. Further, it is also famous for its hosiery industries, the ancient ruins of the Lodi dynasty, and the war museum. The major tourist attractions to visit in Ludhiana are Rural Museum, Nehru Rose Garden, and Hardy’s World Amusement Park. Therefore, the best time to visit Ludhiana is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Punjab.
4. Anandpur Sahib
- Anandpur Sahib is a city in the Rupnagar district in the state of Punjab. This city is one of the most sacred places in Sikhism, being the place where the last two Sikh Gurus lived. And also, it is home to Kesgarh Sahib Gurdwara, one of the five Takhts in Sikhism. Further, Anandpur Sahib is the venue of the largest annual Sikh gathering and festivities during Hola Mohalla in the spring season. The city is also called the Holy City of Bliss and is well known for its spiritual ambiance. Therefore, the best time to visit Anandpur Sahib is from December to March. Thus, it is one of the must visit places in Punjab.
5. Ropar Lake
- Ropar Lake is located in the state of Punjab. Spreading over an area of 1365 hectares. It is one of the prominent places to see in Punjab for enjoying activities like bird watching and boating. And this ecological zone is a human-made wetland that was created in 1952. Further, Ropar lake is home to more than 250 varieties of migratory birds from all over the world. Then, the area surrounding the lake has been made into a tourism complex and called “Pinccassia”. Therefore, the best time to visit Ropar Lake is from November to February. Hence, this site was extensively developed for tourism who enjoy this naturally scenic spot with family and friends.