Places to visit in Uttarakhand
- Nainital is a popular hill station, located in the state of Uttarakhand, India. And also, it was the summer capital of the United Provinces. Set at an altitude of around 2,000 m above sea level. The majestic mountains, misty clouds, sparkling waters lake adds more beauty to this town. Further, Nainital is surrounded by seven hills, popularly known as ‘Sapta Shring’. The various famous tourist attractions are Nainital Lake, Tiffin Top, Naina Peak, The Mall Road, Bhimtal Lake, High Altitude Zoo, Lands End, and Kainchi Dham. Therefore, the best time to visit Nainital is from March to June. It experiences a pleasant climate throughout the year. Thus, this hill station is popular among families and solo travelers.
- Auli is located in Chamoli district in the Himalayan mountains of the state Uttarakhand. Also known as Auli Bugyal. Set at a height of 2,800 metres above sea level. The cold winds, vast snow-covered landscape, majestic mountains, all add up to make Auli a skier’s paradise. Further, it is the longest and highest hill station in the whole of Asia and also offers magnificent views of the Himalayan peaks. The various places of attraction are Auli Artificial Lake, Nanda Devi Peak, Auli Ropeway, Gurso Bugyal, Joshimath, ski resort, and Chenab Lake. Therefore, the best time to visit Auli is from December to February. Thus, it is a popular skiing destination in India because of its beautiful slopes.
- Mussoorie is a hill station in the Dehradun district in the state of Uttarakhand. Also known as Queen of the Hills. It is in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan range. Set at a height of 2,000 m above sea level. Mussoorie offers scenic views of Himalayas peaks in Western Garhwal. The little hill station of Landour, along with Mussoorie, Barlowganj and Jharipani together form the greater Mussoorie. Further, it is also an important center of education and business. Mussoorie offers various adventure activities like trekking, angling, zip-lining, and paragliding. The various places of attraction are Lal Tibba, Kempty Falls, Camel Back Road, Gun Hill, Soham Heritage Art Centre, and Lake Mist. Therefore, the best time to visit Mussoorie is from May to June. Thus, it is a popular holiday destination among people in India.
- Lansdowne is a hill station in the state of Uttarakhand. Stands at an altitude of 1780 meters above sea level. Further, unlike other hill stations, it is well connected with motorable roads but remote in its own way. The various places of attraction are Bhulla Lake, Bhim Pakora, Tip N Top, Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple, and Darwan Singh Museum. Therefore, the best time to visit Lansdowne is from October to April. More than thousands of tourists come to this place every year. Hence, it is one of the Best Tourist Places to visit in Uttarakhand.
- Rishikesh is a city located in the Dehradun district of the state Uttarakhand. Also known as the “Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas” and “Yoga Capital of the World“. It is one of the major tourist and pilgrimage hubs in northern India and is also regarded as one of the holiest places for Hindus. The city gives a picturesque view of the surrounding mountains, stunning riverside promenades, beautiful lakes, misty forests, and clear blue skies. It is famous for various adventure activities like trekking, rock climbing, bungee jumping, mountain biking, rafting, etc. The various places of attraction are Triveni Ghat, The Beatles Ashram, Neer Garh Waterfall, Lakshman Jhula Bridge, Kunjapuri Devi Temple. Therefore, the best time to visit Rishikesh is from February to May. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Uttarakhand.