Tourist Places in Kumarakom
1. Kumarakom Backwaters
- The Backwaters of Kumarakom is formed by the Vembanad Lake, located in the Kottayam district in the state of Kerala. The Kumarakom backwaters offer a picturesque view of the surroundings. This backwaters attract majorist of the tourists due to its sheer brilliance of dense coconut trees, green water, green hills, and Chinese fishing nets in the backdrop. Also you can find numerous boatshouse here decorated in the traditional way and pampering their guests to a most luxurious visit at the backwaters. Therefore, the best to visit the Kumarakom backwaters is from September to March. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Kumarakom.
2. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is located at Kumarakom in the Kottayam district in the state of Kerala. Also known as Vembanad Bird Sanctuary. Spreads over an area of 14 hectares and it is set in the Kerala Backwaters. This sanctuary is among the most popular bird watching spots in the country. Here you can spot a variety of migratory birds that flock in groups, coming from places like the Himalayas to Siberia. This place is popular among the nature lovers and photographers. Therefore, the best to visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is from June to August. Thus, it is must visit place in Kerala.
3. Aruvikkuzhi Waterfall
- Aruvikuzhy Waterfalls is located in Kottayam district in the state of Kerala. The waterfall measures about 30 feet in height and falls from over 100 feet. Moreover, it is active only during monsoon and the river is almost dries up in summer. The lush green rubber plantation, cascading water, dense flora and fauna around it attracts more than hundreds of tourists from all over the world. Here you can enjoy various adventure activities like trekking, yachting, fishing and hiking. This place is picnicker’s paradise. Therefore, the best to visit the Aruvikuzhy Waterfalls is from the month of September. Thus, it is one of the famous places to visit during weekends.
4. Kumarakom Beach
- Kumarakom Beach is located in Kottayam district in the state of Kerala. It is a famous for recreational activities and water sports. You can involve in various water and air adventure sports activities like water skiing, wind surfing, boating, water polo, snorkelling, and parasailing. Also, it is best place to enjoy the mesmerizing views of sunrise and sunset. Along the shorelines, there are some beachside resorts and food stalls. Thus, it is a perfect place to enjoy the weekends.
- Vagamon is an hill station, located in the border of Idukki and Kottayam district in the state of Kerala. Situated at height of 1100 metres above sea level. This hill station is a chain of mesmerizing hill, beautiful valleys, tea gardens and cascading water. It is famous for trekking. The various places of attraction are Vagamon Kurisumala, Barren Hills, Pine Forest, the Pattumalai Church, Vagamon Lake and Idukki Dam. Therefore, the best to visit the Vagamon is from June to September. Thus, it is one of the best place to visit near Kumarakom.