1. Dal Lake
- Dal lake is located in Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir, India. Covering an area of 18 sq km, it is part of a natural wetland that covers an area of about 21 sq km which includes floating gardens. The main attractions of Dal lake are houseboats and shikaras. Also popular for the floating market, known as Raad. However, the views of this beautiful lake are completely different in 4 seasons. Further, Dal Lake is the second-largest lake in Jammu & Kashmir. It offers a splendid view of the surroundings, the lush green mountains, the fragrances coming from the fresh flowers in the floating garden, and the crystal clear reflection of the sky falling upon the surface of the lake makes it more beautiful and serene in every sense. The top attractions near Dal Lake are Nishat Garden, Tulip Garden, Chashme Shahi, Shalimar Bagh, Hazaratbal Shrine, and Nagin Lake. Therefore, the best time to visit Dal lake is from May to November. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Srinagar.
2. Shalimar Bagh
- Shalimar Bagh is a Mughal garden, located in Srinagar in the Jammu and Kashmir, India. Also known as Shalimar Gardens, Farah Baksh, and Faiz Baksh. This stunning garden presents an exquisite amalgamation of structures and is a gentle blend of natural allure and man-made structures. The whole premise of the garden is beautifully carpeted with green grass. Built by the Mughal Emperor Jahangir, for his wife Noor Jahan in the year1619. And is considered the high point of Mughal horticulture. This place attracts millions of tourists from all over the world. Therefore, the best time to visit Shalimar Bagh is either from February to April or from September to October. This garden is now a public park and is also referred to as the “Crown of Srinagar“. It spreads over an area of 31 acres of land. Thus, it is one of the top places to visit in Srinagar.
3. Wular Lake
- Wular Lake is located in the Bandipora district in Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is one of the largest freshwater lakes in Asia. It attracts tourists from across the world. According to the seasons, the size of the lake changes from 30 to 189 square km. Therefore, the best time to visit Wular Lake is from June to August. It plays a significant role in the hydrographic system of the Kashmir Valley by acting as a huge absorption basin for annual floodwater. Wular Lake is a popular place for boating and water sports activities. There is a small island called Zaina Lank, located in the center of Wular Lake. The lake is also popular for viewing the beautiful sunset. It invites the birdwatchers, who enjoy spotting many terrestrial birds including the Himalayan Woodpecker, Barn Swallow, Himalayan Monal, Eurasian Sparrowhawk, and Chukar Partridge.
4. Pari Mahal
- Pari Mahal is located at the top of the Zabarwan mountain range, in the city of Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir, India. Also known as “The Palace of Fairies“. Built by the Mughal Prince Dara Shikoh in the mid-1600s. Pari view from this Mahal just gets really majestic from each terrace and surpasses the other. This place also attracts thousands of nature lovers owing to the mesmerizing views and the beautiful gardens. This seven-terraced garden is an example of a classic Islamic style of architecture and patronage of art during the reign of the then Mughal Emperor khan Shah Jahan. Therefore, the best time to visit Pari Mahal is from September to November. Thus, it is one of the offbeat places to visit in Srinagar.
5. Hazratbal Shrine
- The Hazratbal Shrine is located in Hazratbal in Srinagar in the Jammu and Kashmir, India. Situated on the northern bank of the Dal Lake in Srinagar. It is important because it holds a sacred relic, a hair, of Prophet Muhammad and is also considered to be Kashmir’s holiest Muslim shrine. This beautiful structure is made of white marble and is the only domed mosque in Srinagar. It is a famous mosque that holds high reverence amongst Muslims. Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit in Srinagar.