1. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Periyar National Park is located in the Thekkady district of the state, Kerala. Also known as ‘Spice Capital of Kerala’. It is one of the most popular national parks in southern India. Thekkady is much popular for exotic wildlife species. This wildlife sanctuary is home to tigers, elephants, lion-tailed macaques, Wild Pigs, Gaur, deer, leopards, and bison. And it is the place where we can see the herds of Asian elephants. The wildlife lovers and the tourists can have a great time in this place. Here visitors can also indulge in adventure activities like safari, rafting, and trekking. Therefore, the Best Time To Visit is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places to visit in Thekkady.
2. Mullaperiyar Dam
- Mullaperiyar Dam is located on the Periyar River in the Idukki District in the state of Kerala. Situated 881 m (2,890 ft) above mean sea level. Moreover, the famous Periyar National Park in Thekkady is located around the dam’s reservoir. The dam is scenic and has a beautiful environment. It is built at the confluence of Mullayar and Periyar rivers. Therefore, the best time to visit the Mullaperiyar dam is from October to February. The weather, tall and dense trees, make the place true heaven for nature lovers. Thus, it is one of the most popular places to visit in Thekkady.
- Kumily is a village, located in the Idukki district of the state, Kerala. It is a town in Cardamom Hills near Thekkady and Periyar Tiger Reserve. Moreover, it is a gateway town into Kerala from Tamil Nadu. Moreover, it is extremely famous for spice and tea plantations. The other top attractions here are Yodha Cultural Village, Evergreen Spicegarden, The Spice Route, Kerala Spices & Herbal Garden, Spice Park, Abraham’s Spice Garden. Muthuplackal Aroma Organic Spices and Ayurvedic Garden. The quaint village features lush greeny trees, deep forests, aroma, the climate and thus keeps you away from the busy city life. Therefore, the best time to visit Kumily is from December to February. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Kerala.
4. Periyar lake
- The Periyar lake is located in the Thekkady district in the state of Kerala. And the locals fondly called as the “Thekkady Lake”. It is one of the most famous lakes in Kerala. This splendid artificial lake formed by the Mullaperiyar Dam across the Periyar River adds to the charm of the park. It spreads across 26 square kilometers. You can go boating and enjoy the serene beauty of the surroundings. Here you can also see many rare species of birds like the Malabar Grey Hornbill and the Nilgiri Wood Pigeon. Therefore, the best time to visit Periyar Lake is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the must-visit places in Thekkady.
- Vandiperiyar is a spice village, located in the Idukki district in the state of Kerala. The famous Periyar river flows through the village. This village is very well known for tourism, tea and coffee plantations, black pepper, and other spice products. The beautiful landscape here is breathtaking and thus this place is really a paradise for lovers of nature. Moreover, it is also home to a number of tea factories. Therefore, the best time to visit Vandiperiyar is from October to May. Thus, it is one of the good tourist’s spots to visit in Thekkady.