Visakhapatnam - Vizag
Tourist Places in Visakhapatnam
1. Borra Caves
- The Borra Caves are located in the Ananthagiri hills (of the Araku Valley) in Visakhapatnam city in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Set at an elevation of about 705 meters and irregularly shaped stalactites and stalagmites. The Borra Caves were discovered in 1807 and this is a major popular tourist attraction. And you will find bats as well as the golden geckos hiding in the shadows of the niches. These caves are made of karstic limestone, travelers can witness the real beauty of these structures. Further, it extends to a depth of 80 m (260 ft) and, also considered the deepest cave in India. Many devotees come to these caves just to get a glimpse of the shivling. The Borra Caves, surrounded by beautiful landscape, evergreen moist deciduous forests, misty clouds, and wide varieties of wild fauna. Tourists climb on a steep stair and to will find the shrine in the center. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Visakhapatnam.
- Kailasagiri is a hilltop park in the city of Visakhapatnam in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Perched on a hilltop at a height of 304 meters and was developed by the Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region Development Authority (VMRDA). Further, the major attraction of Kailasagiri is the 40 feet tall statue of Shiva and Parvathi. Sprawling over 100 acres of lush green land area and it offers a scenic panoramic view of the surroundings and the city. You can go here for a weekend trip either with your friends or just family this place has something special for everyone. The other tourist attractions here are Ropeway ride, Floral Spot, Gliding Point, Shanti Ashram, Jungle Trails, Titanic Viewpoint, and Shanku Chakra Nama. This is also a favorite place for photographers. Hence, this small hill station offers plenty of leisure activities, pilgrimage spots, and thrilling adventures to travelers.
3. Yarada Beach
- Yarada Beach is located on the east coast of the Bay of Bengal in the state of Visakhapatnam. It is a very picturesque beach in Andhra Pradesh. Yarada Beach has the Bay of Bengal on one side and magnificent hills on the other side. The hills surrounding the beach make it a perfect scenic beauty. The whole beach is fully covered with coconut and banana plantations. The other tourist attractions here are Gangavaram beach, Dolphin’s Nose, and Gangavaram Port. It is an ideal location, especially for nature lovers. Therefore, the best time to visit Yarada Beach is from November to March. Further, it is a perfect place to spend your day watching the mesmerizing view of the sunrise and the sunset. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places to visit in Visakhapatnam.
4. Araku Valley
- Araku Valley is a hill station in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a perfect tourist destination. Surrounded by greenery forests, waterfalls, foggy clouds, a misty climate, and streams. This place is often referred to as the Ooty of Andhra. Araku valley is famous for its coffee plantations. The other places of attraction here are Borra caves, Tyda, Katiki Falls, Tribal Museum, Chaparai Waterfalls, and Padmapuram Botanical Gardens. This place is popular among trekkers and nature lovers. The numerous waterfalls and coffee plantations make it an ideal getaway. Therefore, the best time to visit is from December to February. The Araku valley is also home to a few tribal caves and the Museum of Tribal Arts.
5. Dolphin's Nose
- Dolphin’s Nose is a hill in the city of Visakhapatnam in the state of Andhra Pradesh. A conspicuous landmark in Visakhapatnam. It is a huge rocky which is 174 meters high and 358 meters above sea level. Moreover, it looks like the shape of a dolphin’s nose and so it gets that name. This hill offers spectacular views of the busy city at one end, and breathtaking views of the coastline on the other. With meandering roads leading to the top of the hill, you should walk to the various viewpoints and get some photos clicked. It is famous among photographers. And also tourists come here to get a glimpse of beautiful sunrise and sunset views. A renowned powerful lighthouse highly useful for the shippers and has a light beam that can be seen as far as 64 km out at sea is also placed nearby. Thus, it is one of the best places to see in Visakhapatnam.