Puri is a coastal city located in the state of Odisha, India. And, it is famous for the world-famous Jagannath Temple and Longest Golden Beach. Moreover, Puri got its fame because of the grand chariot festival that takes place here every year. This road trip will be a treat for sore eyes, with the beautiful rural countryside and soothing views of green fields and rustic village life. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trips from Bhubaneswar.
- Distance: 64 km
- Best time to visit: March to June
- Places to visit: Jagannath Temple, Puri Beach, Pipili, Konark Beach, Chilika Lake, Raghurajpur Artist Village, Swargadwar Beach, and Sakhigopal Temple.
2. Hirakud Dam
Hirakud Dam is located in the Sambalpur region in the state of Odisha. The dam extends 56 km long. Built across the Mahanadi River in the year 1956. Moreover, it is the longest dam in the world. The drive-through road can take you 21km over the dam, admiring its beauty and expertise. Most of the tourists come here to relish the quaint atmosphere, watch the beautiful view of hundreds of birds flocking around the dam and the lush greenery surrounding it. Thus, it is one of the best one-day trip tourist spots in Odisha.
- Distance: 292 km
- Best time to visit: December to February
- Places to visit: Gandhi Minar, Ropeway Sambalpur, Ghanteswari temple, Debrigarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Deer park, Samaleswari Temple, Metakani Temple, and Huma Temple.
Cuttack is a city in the state of Odisha. It’s on a peninsula flanked by the Mahanadi River to the north and the Kathajodi River to the south. Also, known as the street food capital of Odisha and is famous for its Dahibara Aludam. However, the monuments of this city attract many tourists all over the world. Further, it is famous for its Durga puja celebration which is one of the most important festivals of Odisha. Hence, it is one of the best destinations for road trips near Bhubaneswar.
- Distance: 27 km
- Best time to visit: April to June
- Places to visit: Cuttack Chandi Temple, Netaji Birth Place Museum, Odisha Maritime Museum, Dhabaleswar Island, Bhitarkanika National Park & Wildlife Sanctuary, Barabati Fort, and Stone Revetment.
Keonjhar or kendujhar is a city in the state of Orissa. This place has dozens of waterfalls and each of them is totally awesome. Further, it is one of the major mineral-producing Districts of Odisha. Keonjhar is rich in flora and fauna, which attracts a large number of tourists from all across India. Hence, the road trip from Bhubaneswar and the combination of waterfalls make your tour enjoyable and also offer so many experiences while on trips.
- Distance: 202 km
- Best time to visit: December to March
- Places to visit: Sanaghagara Waterfall, Khandadhar Falls, Gundichaghai Waterfall, Handibhanga Waterfall, Bhimkund Waterfall, and Murga Mahadev Temple.
Kandhamal is located in the state of Odisha. It is very much famous for handicrafts such as Dokra, Terra Cotta, Cane, and Bamboo works. The Kandhamal is bestowed with the beauty of nature. Further, its scenic beauty, wildlife, misty climate attracts tourists from all corners of the country. And you will be totally perplexed by the milky waterfalls and vast coffee plantations found here. It is a great place for adventure lovers. Thus, it is one of the best places to travel in Bhubaneswar.
- Distance: 245 km
- Best time to visit: September to May
- Places to visit: Mandasaru, Belghar Nature Camp, Putudi Waterfall, Buddhist Complex, Lord Jagarnth Temple, Barala Devi Temple, and Chakapada.