Road Trips From Goa
1. Netravali Falls
Netravali Falls is located in Netravali Taluka of South Goa. Not many people would have heard of Netravali Falls, as it is located inside the Netravali Wildlife Sanctuary. Found in the middle of a dense forest and it is a perfect place for weekend trip. This waterfall is also known as Savri Waterfall. A visit to Netravali is preeminent when the vegetation is at its peak just after the rainy season. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trips from Goa.
- Distance: 80 km
- Best time to visit: June to August
- Places of attraction: Netravali Wildlife Sanctuary, Budbudyanchi Tali, or the Bubble Lake.
2. Chorla Ghats
Chorla Ghat is located at the intersection of the borders of the states of Goa, Karnataka, and Maharashtra. It is a part of the Western Ghats in the Sahyadri mountain range. Set at an elevation of 800 meters above the sea level. This ghat has been considered a biker’s paradise and a favorite road-trip destination. Further, it also offers various adventure activities such as foot trails, jungle expeditions, treks, and hikes. And also there are many waterfalls around the area. Therefore, this ghat has been considered a biker’s paradise and a favorite road-trip destination. Thus, it is one of the best weekend destinations in Goa.
- Distance: 50 km
- Best time to visit: August to November
- Places of attraction: Twin Vajra Waterfalls, Peak of Lasni Temb, Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary, and Anjunem dam.
3. Cabo De Rama
Cabo de Rama is a medieval hillfort on the coast of Canacona in the state of Goa. The drive far to the Southern Goa, through the muddy off-track road to arrive at the edge of the Sea and get ready to witness the glory of the past – Cabo de Rama fort. Moreover, the main specialty of this place is the cliff view of the ocean. Further, the fort is perched between the two famous beaches- Cavelossim, and Agonda. Therefore, it is a great place for those looking to go on a bike ride with friends while finding hidden trails through the forest. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Goa.
- Distance: 65 km
- Best time to visit: June to September
- Places of attraction: Cabo de Rama Beach, Cola Beach, Agonda Beach, Betul Beach, and Palolem Beach.
4. Islands of Diwar & Chorao
Chorao is an island along the Mandovi River in the state of Goa, India. Moreover, it is the largest among the other 17 islands of Goa. Chorao village is also known for its Luso-Goan churches and houses. The beautiful islands of Chorao and Divar are rarely on the travel itinerary of tourists. The island offers picture-postcard views of the towering Old Goa convents. And also it known for its bird sanctuary. Therefore, this roundabout trip will also let you enjoy the ferry boat rides. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Goa.
- Distance: 40 km
- Best time to visit: March to October
- Places of attraction: Diwar Island, Salim bird sanctuary, and Charao the island ferry trip.
Amboli is a hill station in south Maharashtra, India. Set at an altitude of 690 m above the sea level. It is the last hill station before the coastal highlands of Goa. Further, Amboli remains pleasant throughout the year due to the high amount of rainfall it receives. Every year more than thousands of tourists come to see Amboli Waterfalls. Thus, Amboli makes for an ideal picnic spot for solo travelers, family, or friends as there are plenty of adventure activities to explore.
- Distance: 119 km from Kolhapur
- Best time to visit: October to June
- Places of attraction: Shirgaonkar Point, Amboli Waterfalls, Madhavgarh Fort, and Hiranya Keshi Temple.