Best Road Trip Places in Karnataka
1. Nandi Hills
Nandi Hills is a hill fortress in the state of Karnataka. It is a popular destination for biking as it has twisting, narrow roads that make your journey adventurous. However, Nandi Hills attracts more than thousands of travelers every year. Even though Nandi hills is well-known for its viewpoints and greenery, it is also a popular historical fortress. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trip Places in Karnataka.
- The best time to visit Nandi hills is from October to February.
- Distance: 61 km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Bhoga Nandeeswara Temple, Tipu Sultan’s Fort, Yoga Nandeeshwara Temple, Brahmashram, Paragliding, Muddenahalli
Chikmagalur is a famous hill station located in the BabaBudangiri mountain in the state of Karnataka. Set at an elevation of 3,400 feet above the sea level. And also, covered with eye-catching tea and coffee plantations. Moreover, it is also a great place for adventure seekers and nature lovers. Undoubtedly, a bike ride to Chikmagalur is one of a kind that would seem never-ending.
- The best time to visit Chikmagalur is from September to May.
- Distance : 245 km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Mullayanagiri, Hebbe Falls, Jhari Waterfalls, Sringeri Mutt, Z Point , Baba Budangiri, Kudremukh National Park, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary.
Hogenakkal Falls is a waterfall located on Tamil Nadu – Karnataka border. And also popularly called as “Niagra Falls of India”. However, winter is the ideal time to visit Hogenakkal. Further, the best route to take would be Bangalore- Hosur- Dharmapuri-Hogenakkal. Thus, it is one of the beautiful destinations to visit in India.
- The best time to visit Hogenakkal is from October to February(winter).
- Distance : 140 Km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit : Kaveri River, Hogenakkal Falls , Melagiri Hills, Mettur Dam, Boating, Theerthamalai Temple, Pennagram Village.
Hampi is an ancient village in the state of Karnataka. It was once the capital of the historical Vijayanagara Dynasty. And also, the architectural ruins of Hampi are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Thus, Hampi is a favorite destination for tourists in Karnataka.
- The best time to visit Hampi is between September and March.
- Distance: 340 Km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Virupaksha Temple, Lotus Mahal, Vijaya Vittala Temple, Hampi Bazaar, Yantrodharaka Hanuman Temple, Hippie Island, Elephant Stables.
Bheemeshwari is a short distance hideaway in the Mandya district in the state of Karnataka. Surrounded by waterfalls, dense forests and thus offers mesmerizing. Moreover, it is mainly popular for the adventure activities like fishing and trekking. Therefore, Bheemeshwari is a perfect weekend gateway from Karnataka. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Karnataka.
- The best time to visit Bheemeshwari is from November to February.
- Distance: 100km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Cauvery Fishing Camp, Doddamakali Nature Camp, Boat Rides in Bheemeshwari, Kokrebellur, Galibore Fishing Camp, and trekki Sangam.
Skandagiri is a beautiful hill town near Bangalore in the state of Karnataka. And also, set is at an altitude of about 1450 meters above the sea level. However, at the top of the hill, the display of natural surroundings will be an enchantment to cherish. Hence, Skandagiri is famous for trekking and sightseeing. It is also known as “Kalavara Durga“, is an ancient mountain fortress.
- The best time to visit Skandagiri is from November to March.
- Distance: 63km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Papagni Matt, Shiva temple, Tipu Sultan Fort, and Bhoga Nandishwara Temple.
Avalabetta is in the Chikballapur district in the state of Karnataka. There are many sightseeing places, like a temple, some scenic views, and trekking. And also it is one of the best trekking destinations near Bengaluru. Besides, Avalabetta is famous for its rock base, jutting out from the top of the cliff base. It offers a beautiful view of the surrounding hills, lakes, trees and valleys. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best road trip from Bangalore.
- The best time to visit Avalabetta is in the winter months.
- Distance : 92km from Bengaluru.
- Places to visit : Beak Rock ,Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Hilltop Pond, Dandiganahalli Dam , Gudibande Fort, Srinivasa Sagara.
Kudremukha is a mountain range located in Chikkamagaluru district in the state of Karnataka. Further, it was named after a mountainside that resembles a horse’s face. This beautiful places attracts more than hundreds of tourists every year. However, famous for its scenic beauty and biodiversity. Therefore, it is considered a popular hill station among the Bengaluru crowd.
- The best time to visit Kudremukh is from October to May.
- Distance: 330 km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Kudremukh Trek, Kudremukh National Park, Hanuman Gundi Falls, Kalasa, Gangamoola, Lakya Dam, and Kadambi Waterfalls.
9. Bengaluru to Gandikota
Gandikota is a village and historical fort on the right bank of the Penna river, in Kadapa district in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Also known as the Grand Canyon of India. Moreover, it is famously among the travellers. Therefore, the best route to take would be Bengaluru– Nandi Hills– Bagepalli– Gorantla– Pullivendula– Gandikota. Thus, it is one of the best road trips to take from the Karnataka state.
- The best time to visit Gandikota is from September – February.
- Distance : 283 km
- Places to visit : Pennar River Gorge Viewpoint, Madhavaraya Temple, Raghunathaswamy Temple, Jamia Masjid, Belum Caves, Owk Reservoir, Yaganti Temple, and Oravakallu Rock Garden.
Mysore (or Mysuru), a city in India’s southwestern in the state of Karnataka. However, the kings of the Wodeyar dynasty set the bar high for the southern cultural capital of Mysore. Also, home to the centuries-old Devaraja Market, filled with spices, silk, and sandalwood. Therefore, Mysuru is a popular spot for a long ride from Bangalore.
- Distance: 153 km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Mysore Palace, Chamundi Hills, Railway Museum, Sri Chamundeshwari Temple, GRS Fantasy Park, Jaganmohan Palace Art Gallery, Talakad, Devaraja Market, Manchanabele Dam, and Dodda Alada Mara.