Best Tourist Places in Tamil Nadu
- Ooty is a popular hill station located in the Nilgiri Hills in the state of Tamil Nadu. Local residents call it “Queen of Hills“. Further, it was considered as the summer capital of Madras Presidency under the British, can be safely regarded as “India’s Switzerland”. However, Ooty is famous for its waterfalls, botanical gardens, bustling markets, and striking lakes. Therefore, the various attractions to visit in Ooty are Avalanche Lake, Pykara Falls, Doddabetta Peak, Ooty Lake, Botanical Gardens, Toy Train, Deer Park, Tea Museum, Needle Rock viewpoint. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Places to visit in Tamil Nadu.
- Best time to visit: March – June.
- Madurai is located in the State of Tamil Nadu. This city got its name Madurai from the Tamil word ‘Mathuram’ which means “sweetness”. And also famous for its temples built by Pandyan and Madurai Nayak kings in the Dravidian style of architecture. Further, the various places to visit in Madurai are Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple, Aayiram Kaal Mandapam, Alagarkoil Temple and Shrine, Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal, Vaigai Dam, Meghamalai ,Pazhamudhir Solai, Gandhi Memorial Museum, and Samanar Hills. Thus, it is one of the best pilgrim places to visit in Tamil Nadu.
- Best time to visit: December – February
- Mahabalipuram is a town in Chengalpattu district in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is an important place of Classical Monuments in India, the monolithic and cave temples. Moreover, it is famous for its Beautiful Shore Temple. It attracts more than thousands of visitors from all over the world. Therefore, the city has beautiful beaches, magnificent architecture, pleasant weather, and also offers a beautiful experience to the tourists. Further, the various attractions to visit in Mahabalipuram are Pancha Rathas, Arjuna’s Penance, Krishna’s Butter Ball. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Tamil Nadu.
- Best time to visit: November – February.
- Hogenakkal Falls is a waterfall located on Tamil Nadu – Karnataka border. And also known as “Niagara Falls of India”. This waterfall is one of the best getaways to relish some serenity and enjoy a memorable experience. Further, this gorgeous cascade falls from a height of 700 meters. It splits into various streams of waterfalls and hence offers a mesmerizing view to the visitors. Therefore, the various attractions to visit in Hogenakkal are Melagiri Hills, Mettur Dam, Theerthamalai Temple, Kaveri river, Pennagaram Village. Thus, it is one the best places to visit in Tamil Nadu.
- Best time to visit: October – February.
- Kodaikanal is a hill station which is located in the Dindigul district in the state of Tamil Nadu. Also called as “Princess of Tamil Nadu’s hill stations”. However, the pleasant, refreshing breeze blowing makes it perfect for sightseeing, trekking, cycling, boating, and various other activities. Further, the various attractions to visit in Kodaikanal are Silver Cascade Falls, Lake, Dolphin’s Nose, Kodaikanal Solar Observatory, Pillar Rocks, Poombarai, Mannavanur, Coaker’s walk, Pine Forest, Kukkal caves. Thus, it is one of the most amazing places to visit in Tamil Nadu.
- Best time to visit: April – June.