Places to Visit in Mumbai
1. Juhu Beach
- Juhu Beach is located on the shores of the Arabian Sea in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra. And also, it is the longest beach in Mumbai. It is surrounded by famous iconic hotels and residents of popular cine personalities. However, Juhu Beach becomes full during the Ganesh Chaturthi festival and the Ganapati idol is immersed the deity in the waters of the Arabian Sea. And also, Juhu Beach is one of the most famous Indian beaches. Further, this place is also known for its street food stalls, the soothing views of the sunset. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to Visit in Mumbai.
- The best time to visit Juhu Beach is from October to February.
2. Gateway of India
- The Gateway of India is located in South Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra. Built in the year 1924. And also, it is a landmark that denotes India’s main ports and is a noteworthy vacation destination. However, it was erected to commemorate the landing of King-Emperor George V and Queen Mary’s landing at Apollo Bunder on their visit to India.. Further, the Gateway of India is well-known for its sightseeing and photography activities. More than thousands of tourists come here to visit it every year. Undoubtedly, it is one of the most popular and visited tourist spots in Mumbai.
- The best time to visit Gateway of India is from October to March.
3. Marine Drive
- Marine Drive is a 3.6 km long, arc-shaped boulevard along the South Mumbai coast. And also known as “Queen’s Necklace”. It is one of the most easily recognizable landmarks in Mumbai. Further, the street is lined with stunning Art Deco buildings that have earned status as a UNESCO World Heritage site. More than hundreds of tourists come here to visit this place. Therefore, it is considered as the best pathway for a night walk. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Mumbai.
- The best time to visit Marine Drive is in the morning and in the evening.
4. Elephanta Caves
- The Elephanta Caves is located on Elephanta Island in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra. And also called as Gharapurichi Leni. Built by the Rashtrakuta rulers and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Mumbai Harbor. Further, there are principally seven caves where one can investigate the real excellence of ancient Indian architecture. Moreover, it also provides an amazing view of the Mumbai skyline. However, it is a collection of cave temples predominantly dedicated to Lord Shiva. Thus, Elephanta caves is one of the popular places to visit in Mumbai.
- The best time to visit Elephanta Caves is from November to February.
5. Colaba Causeway
- Colaba Causeway is the iconic shopping street of Mumbai. And also called as Shahid Bhagat Singh Road. It is one of the best places in Mumbai for shopping and is also a business road. Moreover, Colaba Causeway acts as the land link between Colaba and the Old Woman’s Island. Further, this place is always crowded. Here you can find varieties of clothes, slippers, accessories and so on. Thus, it is one of the most exciting places to visit in Mumbai.