Tourist Places in Munnar
1. Echo Point
- Echo point is located 15 kilometers from Munnar in the state of Kerala. And set at an altitude of 600 feet above sea level. This natural echo phenomenon gives this place its name “Echo Station“. Then, it is a popular adventure tourism destination, which offers various adventurous activities like trekking, nature walk, boating, and so on. Furthermore, Echo point is also famous for birdwatchers, as many native birds can be spotted here. Therefore, the best time to visit the echo point is April to May. Thus, it is one of the Tourist Places in Munnar.
2. Top Station
- Top Station is a popular tourist destination located in the Theni district in the state of Tamil Nadu. And with its low-lying clouds, misty forest, abundant foliage makes it undoubtedly an excellent example of natural beauty. Further, it was historically known as a transshipment point for the delivery of tea. Moreover, people come here to view the most exotic Neelakurinji flowers which bloom every 12 years. And also the famous Kurinjimala Sanctuary is located nearby. More than hundreds of tourists come here every year. Therefore, the best time to visit the Top station is from April to May. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Munnar.
3. Attukad Waterfalls
- Attukad Waterfalls is located between Munnar and Pallivasal in the Idukki District in Kerala state. And, the waterfall falls from a height of 100 feet. Attukad Falls in the Western Ghats is recommended for a visit during the monsoons as well as in the clearer seasons. This place is so beautiful that it attracts a large number of tourists from around the world. Moreover, the Attukad waterfall is a perfect mixture of rocks and greenery. Therefore, the best time to visit the Attukad Waterfalls is during Monsoon. Thus, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Munnar.
4. Eravikulam National Park
- Eravikulam National Park is a national park located in the Idukki and Ernakulam districts of the Kerala state. Moreover, it is the first national park in Kerala. Further, this park holds the maximum viable population of the Nilgiri Tahr including other little-known fauna Nilgiri marten, ruddy mongoose, small-clawed otter, dusky striped squirrel, etc. And some of the other animals which are spotted here are elephants, Nilgiri langur, a rare tiger or leopard Nilgiri Tahr, marten, and wood pigeon. Hence, the rare flora and fauna present in the park attract visitors from all over the world. Therefore, the best time to visit Eravikulam National Park is from April to June and September to November. Thus, it is a must visit place in Munnar.
- Marayur or Marayoor is a town in the Idukki district of the state, Kerala. It is an interesting place that has 15 different types of Dolmens belonging to the Neolithic age and some of which belong to the Iron age. Undoubtedly, Marayur is a unique place where the beauty meets adventure. And also famous for prehistoric paintings, thick sandalwood forests, and prehistoric structures. Further, there is another interesting sight in Marayoor called Pambar river which flows between the villages of Marayoor and Kanthalloor. Therefore, the best time to visit Marayoor is from December to January. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Munnar.