1. Bodh Gaya
- Bodh Gaya is a religious site located in the Gaya district of the state Bihar. It is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The great Buddha statue is 80ft tall and is a mix of sandstone blocks and red granite. Famous for the Mahabodhi Temple, as it is the place here under the Bodhi tree that Gautama Buddha attained enlightenment. Further, the various places of attractions are Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhi Tree, Thai Monastery, Royal Bhutan Monastery, Great Buddha Statue. This place, famous for its peaceful environment. Tourists from all corners of the world come here to visit this beautiful place. Hence, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Bihar.
- Patna is located in the state of Bihar, India. Also historically known as Pataliputra and Azimabad. It is one of the oldest cities in the country and its rich historical and cultural heritage adds a never-ending charm to it. Further, this city also holds significant religious and spiritual importance as it is a gateway to pilgrimage sites of Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, and Buddhists. The various places of attractions are Golghar, Ruins of Pataliputra, Mahavir Temple, Patna Museum, Nalanda Mahavihara, Kumhrar, Gandhi Sangrahalaya. Hence, the best time to visit Patna is from October to March. Therefore, Patna is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India.
- Madhubani is located in the state of Bihar. This city, majorly known for its richness in art and culture. Madhubani is also famous for its world-class paintings popularly called Mithila paintings. Moreover, these paintings were done by using natural colours. And these paintings are done on canvases, walls, floors of sacred places, etc. and are created mostly by women. Hence, Madhubani paintings are among the most famous paintings in the world.
- Rajgir is an ancient city, located in the Nalanda district of the state Bihar. And it was the first capital of the kingdom of Magadha, a state that would eventually evolve into the Mauryan Empire. Rajgir means “House of the Kings”. Moreover, its mentioned in Mahabharata, Buddhist, and Jain scriptures. This city dates back to around 3000 years. Further, this city houses many religious destinations and, dedicated to either Buddhism or Jainism. Moreover, it is believed that both Gautam Buddha and Mahavir Jain spent time in this town. Hence, the best time to visit Rajgir is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Bihar.
- Nalanda is located in the state of Bihar. Further, the ancient Nalanda Mahavihara is present here and it is a UNESCO World Heritage site. However, Nalanda is not only an age-old centre of Buddhist learning but is also a pilgrim destination. This place has always been a favorite spot for history aficionados. The various places of attractions are Nav Nalanda Mahavihara, Pawapuri, The Great Stupa, Surya Mandir, Nalanda Archaeological Museum, Nalanda University. Therefore, it is one of the most fascinating pilgrimage sites in Bihar.