Places to visit in Coorg
1. Abbey Falls
- Abbey Falls is located in the Kodagu district in the state of Karnataka, India. The waterfall is on the early reaches of the river Kaveri, located between private coffee plantations with stocky coffee bushes and spice estates and trees entwined with pepper vines. Moreover, it is a paradise for trekking The scenic beauty of Abbey Falls increases by many folds in the monsoon. Further, it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in and around Coorg. Therefore, the best time to visit Abbey Falls is from July to October. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Coorg.
- Talakaveri is located on Brahmagiri hills in Coorg district in the state of Karnataka. It is located close to the border with the Kasaragod district of Kerala State. It stands at a height of 1,276 meters above sea level. Further, this place is generally considered to be the source of the river Kaveri and a holy place for many Hindus. After climbing 407 steps to the top of the hill we can get to see birds-eye-view of the evergreen forest and the misty hills. The view of the valley from the peak is also mesmerizing. Therefore, the best time to visit Talakaveri is from July to October.
3. Raja's Seat
- Raja’s Seat is located in Coorg in the state of Karnataka. It is a seasonal garden of flowers and artificial fountains. And also, Coorg is shaped like a small square in brick and mortar, with four pillars bridged by arches with beautiful surroundings. However, this spot was a favorite place of recreation for the Rajas and hence was permanently associated with them. In ancient days, this spot was an important point for tourists to capture some delightful sunset moments. Moreover, there is also a Toy Train for children. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places to visit in Coorg.
4. Madikeri Fort
- Madikeri Fort is a fort in the Kodagu district of the state of Karnataka. And also called the Mercara Fort. Built by Mudduraja in the second half of the 17th century. Then it was rebuilt and restructured in granite by Tipu Sultan, and the site was then renamed Jaffarabad. Further, the fort is built-in mud housing a beautiful Palace, that too made in mud to a Church adorned with stained glass. And also built-in Gothic style by the British. Moreover, the Madikeri fort has a rich history and has seen many battles and successions. There are many interesting objects for tourists to visit which include life-sized elephants, a museum, important artifacts, and portraits. Therefore, the best time to visit Madikeri Fort is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Coorg.
5. Iruppu falls
- The Irupu Falls is located in the Kodagu district of Karnataka. It is a freshwater cascade. And also known as the Lakshmana Tirtha Falls, derived from the name of the tributary of Cauvery. The falls attract a large number of tourists every year, especially during the festival of Navaratri. Further, it is also a perfect destination for trekking. A famous Shiva temple, the Rameshwara Temple is situated on the banks of the Lakshmana Tirtha River, en route to the Falls. This temple attracts many pilgrims during the festival of Shivaratri. Therefore, the best time to visit Iruppu Falls is from August to January. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Places to visit in Coorg.