Places to visit in Leh Ladakh
1. Pangong Tso Lake
- Pangong Tso Lake is an endorheic lake located in the Leh district, India. Also known as Pangong Lake. Situated at an elevation of 4,225 meters. This lake is 5 km wide at its broadest point. A unique feature of the lake is that it does not remain blue throughout the year or even the day, rather it changes from light blue to green and grey. Moreover, it is the world’s highest saltwater lake. Pangong Lake also offers an amazing site for camping. Therefore, the best time to visit Pangong Tso Lake is from May to September. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places to visit in Leh Ladakh.
2. Khardung-la Pass
- Khardung La Pass is a mountain pass in the Leh district, India. Situated at an elevation of 18,380 feet. It is one of the highest motorable roads in the world. This pass is the gateway to the Shyok and Nubra valleys in the region of Jammu and Kashmir. It is popular among adventure seekers. Khardung La Pass is one of the most difficult roads to pass. It is surrounded by the most enchanting and unexplored landscapes. Therefore, the best time to visit Khardung La pass is from April to September. Moreover, in summer the roads are dry and less dangerous. Thus, it is one of the most interesting road trips to take in Ladakh.
3. Magnetic Hill
- Magnetic Hill is located near Leh in Ladakh, India. Situated at an altitude of 14,000 feet above the sea level. The hill road is actually a downhill road. This small stretch of road is unique because of its outright defiance of gravity. Magnetic Hill is a cyclops hill where vehicles defy the force of gravity and move upwards on the hill when parked at the marked location. More than hundreds of travelers come to this place every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Magnetic Hill is from May to September. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Leh.
4. Nubra Valley
- Nubra Valley is located in the Leh district. Also called Dumra. It is the northernmost part of Jammu and Kashmir. Nubra Valley is known for its orchards, scenic views, Bactrian camels, and monasteries. The picturesque view of this beautiful valley attracts tourists from all over the country. And also famous for its Hippophae shrub. Further, during summer the Nubra Valley looks full of greenery whereas, in winter, the whole valley looks like the landscape of the moon. The sand dunes of this valley offer the tourists an Arabian Nights-like experience. The best time to visit Nubra Valley is from June to August. Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit in Leh.
5. Tso Moriri Lake
- Tso Moriri Lake is a lake in the Changthang Plateau in Ladakh. Also known as a ‘Mountain Lake’. Situated at an altitude of 4,522 m. Moreover, this place is lesser-known to people and hence it is less crowded. This lake offers a scenic place of peace and snow flanked by mountains. Tso Moriri Lake is one of the most beautiful and sacred high-altitude lakes in India. Therefore, the best time to visit Tso Moriri Lake is from June to August. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Ladakh.