Places to visit in Chikmagalur
- Mullayanagiri is located in the Chandra Dhrona Hill Ranges in the state of Karnataka. Set at a height of 1,925 meters (6,316 feet) above sea level. Moreover, it is the highest peak in Karnataka and also the highest peak in the Krishna River basin. Mullayanagiri is also known for coffee plantations that are situated nearby. On top of the peak, there is a small temple. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, hundreds of Shiva devotees trek all the way up to offer their prayers. There are plenty of points that offer breathtaking views. Here you can also enjoy various adventure activities like trekking, mountain biking, and camping. Therefore, the best time to visit Mullayanagiri is during the spring season.
- Kudremukha is a mountain range located in Chikkamagaluru district in the state of Karnataka. It is an ideal place for nature enthusiasts where they get a chance to rest amidst the alluring beauty of nature. Hence, this Place was named after a mountainside that resembles a horse’s face. Kudremukh is famous for its biodiversity and scenic beauty. Therefore, the best time to visit Kudremukh is from October to May. The various places of attractions are Kudremukh Trek, Kudremukh National Park, Hanuman Gundi Falls, Kalasa, Gangamoola, Lakya Dam, Kadambi Waterfalls. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places to visit in Chikmagalur.
3. Baba Budangiri
- Baba Budan Giri is located in the Chikmagalur District of the state, Karnataka. Also known as Dattatray Peeta. Set at a height of 1930 m (6317 ft) and, known for its shrine to a pilgrimage site for Hindus. Further, it is the fourth highest peak between the Himalayas and the Nilgiris. The Baba Budan Giri Hill Range or Chandra Drona Parvathais home to the highest peak of Karnataka known as Mullayanagiri. Moreover, it is famous for the view of beautiful sunsets you can see from there. People from all over the world come here to watch the Kurinji is a special species of flowers that bloom in these hills once every 12 years. These hills are also famous for their unique forest range in addition to hiking and trekking. Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit in Chikmagalur.
4. Hebbe Falls
- Hebbe Falls is located in the Kemmangundi in the state of Karnataka. It from a height of 551 feet in two stages to form Dodda Hebbe (Big Falls) and Chikka Hebbe (Small Falls.) This waterfalls is inside a coffee estate and can be reached either by walk or four-wheeler. Further, this water is also believed to contain medicinal herbs offering healing qualities and so a large number of tourists come here for a dip. Hence, Hebbe Falls is one of the most popular waterfalls to visit in Chikmagalur. Therefore, the best time to visit Hebbe waterfalls is from August to January. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Karnataka.
- Kemmannugundi is a hill station in Chikkamagaluru district in the state of Karnataka. Set at the elevation of 1434m above sea level. This was the summer retreat of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV and also known as Sri Krishnarajendra Hill Station. This place also has trekking, nature walks, and picnics. Moreover, it is famous for its beautifully laid-out ornamental gardens, enchanting mountains, and valleys views. Further, the various places of attractions here are Mullayyanagiri, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, and Ayyana Kere. The scenic beauty that it offers is really spectacular. Hence, it is one of the amazing places to see in Chikmagalur.
6. Hanumana Gundi Falls
- Hanumanagundi Falls is located in the hilly surroundings of the Kudremukh National Park in the Chikkamagaluru district of the state, Karnataka. Also known as Suthanabbe Falls or Soothanabbi Falls. This fall has an elevation of 996 meters (3,268 feet) and is a tiered waterfall. If you are looking for a spot for rejuvenation then this is the best place for you. The best time to visit Hanumanagundi Falls is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Tourist Places in Chikmagalur.