Places to visit in Jaipur
1. Amer Fort and Palace
- Amer Fort or Amber Fort is a fort located in Amer in the state of Rajasthan. Inducted into the UNESCO World Heritage Site list as part of the “Hill Forts of Rajasthan” along with five other forts. The town of Amer and the Amber Fort was built by Raja Alan Singh Meena 967 AC, later ruled by Kachawaha Rajputs. One of the most iconic forts in Jaipur, Amber Fort steeped in history and remains a glorious example of architectural brilliance. And with its large ramparts and series of gates and cobbled paths, the fort overlooks Maota Lake, which is the main source of water for the Amer Palace. Moreover, the Mughal architecture greatly influenced the architectural style of several buildings of the fort. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Jaipur.
2. Hawa Mahal
- Hawa Mahal is a palace in Jaipur in the state of Rajasthan, India. And also known as the “Palace of winds“. Built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. This five-story building built from red and pink sandstone, the palace sits on the edge of the City Palace, Jaipur, and extends to the Zenana. Further, the top of the palace offers a brilliant view of the City Palace, Jantar Mantar, and the ever-busy Siredeori Bazar. Hawa Mahal’s unique attraction is its 953 windows. Therefore, it is one of the prominent tourist attractions in Jaipur city.
3. The City Palace
- The City Palace is located in Jaipur in the state of Rajasthan. It was established at the same time as the city of Jaipur, by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. And he moved his court to Jaipur from Amber, in 1727. The City Palace is a significant landmark in Jaipur. Further, the palace is divided into a series of courtyards, buildings, and gardens including the Chandra Mahal and the Mubarak Mahal. The palace also houses a museum where you will come across the royal garments used by Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II and Maharaja Sawai Madho Singh I. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Jaipur.
4. Nahargarh Fort
- Nahargarh Fort was originally named Sudarshangarh, but it became known as Nahargarh. It stands on the edge of the Aravalli Hills, overlooking the city of Jaipur in the state of Rajasthan. Built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II in the year 1734 as a retreat. Along with Amer Fort and Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh once formed a strong defense ring for the city. Jungles around Nahargarh Fort served as popular hunting places for the Maharajas of Jaipur. The popular belief is that Nahar here stands for Nahar Singh Bhomia. And Nahar’s spirit was pacified by building a temple in his memory within the fort, which thus became known by his name. Another attraction in the Nahargarh Fort is the Nahargarh Biological Park. Also, it is a splendid viewpoint to watch glorious sunsets over the Pink City. Thus, Nahargarh Fort is one of the amazing places to visit in Jaipur.
5. Jal Mahal
- Jal Mahal is a palace in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake in Jaipur city in the state of Rajasthan. Constructed in 1799 and the building and the lake around it. Later was renovated and enlarged in the 18th century by Maharaja Jai Singh II of Amber. When the lake is full, four of these stories remain submerged under the water and only the top one remains visible. People can also take boat rides to enjoy its picturesque view. It is one of the most beautiful architectural palaces by combining the Mughal and Rajput styles of architecture. Thus, Jal Mahal is one the Most popular places to visit in Jaipur.