Places to visit in Kudremukh
1. Hanuman Gundi Falls
- Hanumanagundi Falls is located in the hilly surroundings of the Kudremukh National Park in the Chikkamagaluru district of the state, Karnataka. Also known as Suthanabbe Falls or Soothanabbi Falls. This fall has an elevation of 996 m (3,268 ft) and is a tiered waterfall. It is surrounded by lush greenery interspersed with jagged rocks. Moreover, there are about 300 steps which you need to get down to reach the falls. Therefore, the best time to visit Hanumanagundi Falls is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Kudremukh.
- Kalasa is located in Chikkamagaluru district in the state of Karnataka. This place is famous for its natural landscape and blessed with great fertility soil which produces the best coffee and herbs. Further, it is home to the Kalaseshwara Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It attracts devotees from all over South India. The town is surrounded by the scenic Western Ghats, from where its lifeline, the Bhadra river originates. The other places of attraction are Kalaseshwara Temple, Girijamba Temple, Venkataramana Temple, Annapoorneshwari Temple, and Kudremukh Peak. Thus, it is one of the most famous places in Kudremukh.
3. Kudremukh National Park
- Kudremukh is located in the Chikmagalur district of the state, Karnataka. It is the perfect weekend gateway to enjoy the mountains and scenic beauty of nature. This place was declared a national park in 1987. Further, this park is home to a variety of birds such as the Malabar trogon, Malabar whistling thrush, and the imperial pigeon. And also houses a variety of wildlife such as the leopard, tiger, wild dog, spotted deer, Malabar giant squirrel, sambar, mongoose, and barking deer. Hence, Kudremukh National Park is famous for bird watching and trekking. Therefore, the best time to visit Hanumanagundi Falls is from October to February. The wildlife-protected area is the second-largest belonging to a tropical wet evergreen forest in the Western Ghats. Thus, it is a must-visit place in Karnataka.
4. Kadambi Waterfalls
- Kadambi Waterfalls is located in the Chikmagalur district of the state, Karnataka. The height of the waterfall is about 30 feet and, blessed with beautiful surroundings. This majestic waterfall makes an excellent tourist spot and weekend gateway destination. It attracts nearly thousands of people to visit it every year. The tourists even get down to the waterfall to enjoy the beauty of the surroundings and the water. The other nearby attractions are Kudremukh Peak, Kudremukh National Park, Hanuman Gundi Falls, and Lakya Dam. Therefore, the best time to visit the waterfall is from October to June. Thus, it is one of the spectacular tourist attractions of Karnataka.
5. Kudremukh Trek
- Kudremukh is a mountain range located in Chikkamagaluru district, in Karnataka. Set at an altitude of 1894 m above sea level and named after a mountainside that resembles a horse’s face. Further, it is mainly famous for trekking. The Kudremukh is known for its biodiversity and scenic beauty. However, the trek takes you through the wildlife sanctuary of Kudremukh which gives you beautiful experiences and memory for a lifetime. Therefore, the best time to visit Kudremukh is from October to May. The various places of attractions are Kudremukh National Park, Hanuman Gundi Falls, Kalasa, Gangamoola, Lakya Dam, Kadambi Waterfalls. Thus, it is one of the most popular hill stations in Karnataka.