Places to visit in Badrinath
1. Badrinath Temple
- Badrinath Temple is located in the town of Badrinath in the state of Uttarakhand. Also called Badrinarayana Temple. It is an important part of the Char Dham and the Chota Char Dham Hindu pilgrimages. Situated at an altitude of 3133m and located along the banks of the Alaknanda River. It also finds its mention in the 108 Divya Desams. This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, who is worshipped as Badrinath, holy shrines for Vaishnavites. However, it is open only for six months every year (from November to April), because of extreme weather conditions in the Himalayan region. The temple houses a black stone idol of Lord Vishnu. It is known for its stunning natural beauty. The architecture of the temple resembles a Buddhist temple. Further, Badrinath Temple is visited by more than thousands of pilgrims every year. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Badrinath.
2. Neelkanth Peak
- Neelkanth peak (or Nilkantha) is a major peak of the Garhwal division of the Himalayas, in the state of Uttarakhand. Also, popularly known as the “Queen of Garhwal“. Situated at an elevation of 3,474 meters above sea level. And you can find the Satopanth on the northwest side of Neelkanth. The snow-covered peak rises dramatically against the background of the blue sky and thus offers one of the most beautiful sights. Also, it is also known to be challenging for trekking. Therefore, the best time to visit Neelkanth is from May to October. Thus, it is one of the famous places to visit in Badrinath.
3. Bheem Pul
- Bheem Pul is a natural stone bridge, located in Mana village, in the state of Uttrakhand. Believed that that is built by Bheem, one of the Pandav siblings while they were passing by. This bridge stands on the River Saraswati. However, the stone bridge and the River Saraswati give a beautiful and stunning sight to the visitors. And also said that when their wife, Draupadi, was unable to cross the river, Bheema brought a huge rock and placed it above the river stream in such a way that it served as a bridge. Therefore, the best time to visit the Bheem pul is from March to June. Also, the Vyas Gufa, Ganesh Gufa, and Narad Gufa are also located nearby. Thus, it is one of the most visited places in Uttarakhand.
4. Vasudhara Falls
- Vasudhara Falls is located in the state of Uttarakhand. It falls from a height of 400 feet about 122 meters above sea level. Believed that it was the resting place of the Pandavas. And also it is said that the falls turn away from those people who are impure at heart. Further, Vasundhra Falls can be reached by trekking for 6km. And the views of the Vasundhara River Valley and the surrounding during the trek is really stunning. Therefore, the best time to visit the falls is from May to June. The other places of attraction are Nilkantha, Chaukhamba, and Balakun peak. Thus, it is one of the most enchanting places to visit in Uttarakhand.
5. Mana Village
- Mana village is located in the Chamoli district in the state of Uttarakhand. Situated at an altitude of 3,200 meters. Mana is the last village before the Mana Pass and is 26 kilometers from the border of India and Tibet. Further, it is an interesting tourist place where you can spot many small homes and handicraft shops while driving up the mountains. It is also famous for its scenic beauty surrounded by the breathtaking Himalayan Mountain Ranges. Therefore, the best time to visit the Mana village is from May to June. The various places of attraction nearby are Tapt Kund, Saraswati Temple, Vyas Gufa, Mata Murti Temple, and Bheem Pul. Thus, it is one of the most visited places in Badrinath.