Places to visit in Vrindavan
1. Banke Bihari Temple
- Bankey Bihari Temple is located in the city of Vrindavan in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Officially known as Shri Bankey Bihari Mandir. It is dedicated to Lord Krishna and was constructed in the year 1864. This temple is among the 7 temples of Thakur of Vrindavan. Moreover, the interesting fact about the temple is that there are no bells or conchs on the premises, as the Lord does not like the sound of these instruments. The temple also depicts various phases of Lord Krishna’s life. Further, it is built-in stunning Rajasthani- style and is adorned with arched windows and meticulous stonework. Therefore, the best time to visit Banke Bihari Temple is from September to March. It is one of the holiest temples of Lord Krishna in India. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Vrindavan.
2. Prem Mandir
- Prem Mandir is located in the city of Vrindavan in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Also known as “Temple of God’s love“. Established by the fifth Jagadguru, Kripalu Maharaj, and is dedicated to Radha Krishna and Sita Ram. It is on a 55-acre site on the outskirts of Vrindavan. There are two floors in the temple. The first floor has deities of Radha and Krishna and the second floor contains the deities of Sita Rama. The temple is made out of stunning white marble and adorned with very beautiful intricate carvings. However, the exterior of the temple is also amazing, embedded with beautiful gardens and landscapes. In the evening the complex looks really beautiful as the colorful lights lit the entire white marble temple. Therefore, the best time to visit Prem Mandir is from October To April. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Vrindavan.
3. Radha Raman Temple
- Radha Raman Temple is located in the city of Vrindavan in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Constructed at the request of Gopala Bhatta Goswami in 1542 AD and was dedicated to Lord Krishna as Radha Ramana. It houses the original shaligram deity of Krishna alongside Radharani. The name Radha Raman stands for ‘one who gives pleasure to Radha’. Moreover, the Radha Raman Temple is one of the 7 temples of Thakur of Vrindavan. Further, one interesting fact about this temple is that even though it is dedicated to and named after Radha, there is no deity of Radha Rani in the temple. Therefore, the best time to visit the temple is from October to April.
4. ISKCON Vrindavan
- ISKCON Vrindavan is located in the city of Vrindavan in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Also known as Sri Krishna-Balaram Mandir. Dedicated to the gods Krishna and Balrama and also one of the major ISKCON temples in the world. Further, there are two idols on the center of the temple which depicts the gods Krishna and Balarama, who were brothers. Moreover, the main idea for establishing the ISKCON temple is to promote the teachings of the Vedas and the holy Bhagavad Gita. Apart from this, the temple is admired for its clean environment. Special events like Gaur Purnima and Radhastami are celebrated in the temple. Therefore, the Best Time to Visit the temple is from October to June. Thus, it is one of the major tourist spots in the city and attracts devotees from all over the world.
5. Keshi Ghat
- Keshi Ghat is located in the city of Vrindavan in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the most important Ghats in Vrindavan. The Keshi ghat was the place where Lord Krishna took a bath after he slew the demon Keshi and thus, considered a revered pilgrim spot. Yamuna maha aarti is performed at Keshi Ghat every evening and many devotees come here every year to take a dip in the sacred water of Yamuna. Further, it is also an ideal spot to enjoy mesmerizing views of sunrises and sunsets. Therefore, the best time to visit Keshi Ghat is from October to April. Hence, it is one of the top tourist spots in the city of Vrindavan.