- Kohima is located in the state of Nagaland, India. Situated at a height of 1500 m above sea level. It is surrounded by breath-taking mountains, evergreen forest and hence offers plenty of scenic views. The blend of the ancient and the modern has painted this town in an interesting color and Kohima has become an important landmark for the state. Also one of the most popular sites here includes the Commonwealth War Cemetery which homes thousands of soldiers of World War II. Kohima is home to the Angami tribe. However, this place is famous for trekking, hiking, and camping. Some of the top places of attraction in Kohima are Naga Heritage Village, Japfu Peak & Dzukou Valley, Kohima War Cemetery, Kisama Heritage Village, Pulie Badze, Kohima Museum, and Kohima Zoo. Famous for its surrounding environment and untouched beauty, it is a land of folklore passed down through the ages. Therefore, the best time to visit the Kohima is from October to May. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Nagaland.
- Dimapur is located in the state of Nagaland, India. This place is famous among nature and history lovers. Also known to be the largest and fastest-growing city of Nagaland. Dimapur tells tales of a glorious heritage, evident in its ancient ruins, embankments, baths, and temples. Many tourists come here to see one of the most popular attractions, the Kachari ruins from the 10th century that stands in the backdrop of enthralling nature. Further, Diphupar is one of the best places in Nagaland to witness the various culture of tribes like Angami, Lotha, Ao, Rengma Pouchury, Chakehsang, Sumi, Sangtam, and Zeliang. Some of the other top attractions in Dimapur are Chumukedima Village, The Kachari Ruins, Diezephe Craft Village, Dimapur Jain Temple, Sumi Town Baptist Church, and Nagaland Zoological Park. Therefore, the best time to visit the Dimapur is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the must-visit places in Nagaland.
- Mokokchung is located in the state of Nagaland, India. This place is a true paradise for nature lovers. Mokokchung is the liveliest district of Nagaland owing to its beautiful traditions and festivals. Some of top attractions in Mokokchung are Changkikong Range, Langpangkong Caves, Fusen Kei, Ungma, Chuchuyimlang and Mokokchung Village. Picturesque hills and the musical sounds of the streams running mesmerize you. Further, this village is an ideal blend of the old-world charm and contemporary world. Therefore, the best time to visit the Mokokchung is from October to June. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Nagaland.
- Mon is a town, located in the state of Nagaland, India. Also known as the Land of Anghs. Situated at an altitude of 897 meters above sea level. Here you can witness and wander the historical relics, grassy meadows, and unique lifestyle. It provides tourists with quite mesmerizing views of tattooed faces, headhunting prowess, blackened teeth people, and wearing feathery loincloths. Hence, Mon is one of the most mystic places in Nagaland that boasts of rich tribal heritage. Further, this place belongs to Konyak Nagas, who believe themselves to be the descendants of Noah. Some of the top attractions in Mon are Longwa Village, Veda Peak, Chui Village, Naganimora, and Shangnyu Village. Therefore, the best time to visit the Mon is from November to April. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit near Nagaland.
- Wokha is a town, located in the state of Nagaland, India. The land abounds in fruits like pineapples, oranges and plums, and many more. Moreover, they are all grown only by using organic methods and hence free of pesticides. The tribe people who reside here are the Lotha tribe. Tourists have a wonderful opportunity here to interact with the tribal people and see their traditional art and craft. The entire hills and green landscape turns this place livelier and prettier. Also, you will find scores of plants bursting with multicolored flowers, and freely flowing rivers enchanting with their beauty. Hence, Wokha is really a nature’s gift to Nagaland. Some of the top attractions in Wokha are Mount Tiyi, Totsu cliff, Tehurang Valley, Doyang Hydro Project, Baghty Valley, and Doyang River. The Lothas tribe celebrates a post-harvest festival called Tokhu Emong Festival in the month of November. More than hundreds of tourists from near and far come here to enjoy it. Therefore, the best time to visit the Wokha is from March to June. Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit in Nagaland.
6. Touphema Village
- The Touphema Village is one of the ancient heritage villages of Nagaland. It is a collection of small huts, built-in the Naga style of architecture, and decorated with native decor. This village was built by the local community in partnership with the Tourism Department of Nagaland. It is the best place to enjoy an authentic experience of the Naga culture. Also offers traditional artifacts, jewelry, clothing and souvenir museum, and authentic Naga delicacies. Further, Touphema Village also gives the visitors an old-world experience to along with a beautiful view of the hills in the backdrop. Therefore, the best time to visit the Touphema village is from November to February. Thus, it is one of the best and unique tourist places to visit in Nagaland.