- Deekshabhoomi is located in Nagpur city in the state of Maharashtra. It is a sacred monument of Navayana Buddhism. Famous for its architectural beauty and historical importance. Moreover, it is a popular place for Buddhism pilgrimage. Built by the most famous architect Sheo Dan Mal. It was erected in the memory of Dr. Ambedkar and his event of embracing Buddhism, wherein with him 60000 others had also converted to Buddhism. This place consists of a bronze statue of Buddha along with a sacred tree positioned at the center. Its construction started in the year 1968 with over four acres with quarters for monks. And the stupa was built in 1978 and is also, revered as a major Buddhist site. Further, more than hundreds of visitors come here to visit it every year. But most of the pilgrims visit either during the Dhamma Chakra Pravartan Din or on 14th October which signifies the day of Ambedkar’s conversion. Therefore, the best time to visit Deekshabhoomi is from September to December. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Nagpur.
2. Japanese Rose Garden
- Japanese Rose Garden is located in Nagpur city in the state of Maharashtra. It is a well-maintained rose garden with different varieties of roses. And the Japanese Rose Garden got its name from the design and the layout of Japan. Besides the variety of local and hybrid roses, the park also contains other plants and shrubberies. However, this garden is similar to the rose garden located in Japan. Many photographers visit this place frequently to capture the beautiful flowers. It is an absolute delight for nature lovers as the garden is full of beautiful and colorful roses, tall trees, and lush green bushes everywhere. This place is also famous for bird watching. Therefore, the best time to visit the Japanese Rose Garden is from November to February. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Nagpur.
3. Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple
- Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple is located in Nagpur city in the state of Maharashtra. Also known as the Lotus Temple of Nagpur. Surrounded by lush green lawns and landscaped garden with beautiful and colorful flowers. The temple is dedicated to Lord Buddha and, considered a landmark of Indo-Japan friendship. Covering an area of 10 acres of land, the Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple attracts visitors on their first sight. Moreover, the shrine was established in 1999 with the funds donated by the Ogawa society from Japan. Furthermore, the idol of Buddha in the temple is considered to be carved off a single sandalwood block. The temple with its fascinating architecture, mesmerizing landscape and peaceful environment attracts a large number of tourists and devotees every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple is from November to February. Thus, it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Nagpur.
4. Ambazari Lake & Garden
- Ambazari Lake & Garden is located in Nagpur city in the state of Maharashtra. Spread across an area of 25 acres harboring plenty of flora and fauna. It is one of the 11 lakes in Nagpur and is the largest lake in the city. Further, boating facilities in rowboats, as well as self-driven paddleboats, are also available to visitors. It adds to more fun and excitement of visiting the lake and helps them to explore the surrounding scenic beauty. It is a well-maintained garden on the banks of Ambazari lake near Subhash Nagar. Therefore, the best time to visit Ambazari Lake & Garden is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Nagpur.
5. Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary
- Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Nagpur city in the state of Maharashtra. Divided into old Nagzira and new Nagzira both entertain you with rich wildlife. This sanctuary has a number of fish, 34 species of mammals, 166 species of birds, 36 species of reptiles, and four species of amphibians. Safari rides take you to both old and new Nagzira. Some of the wild animals found here are tigers, leopards, hyenas, langur, sambar, and wild boars. However, nearly more than 30,000 tourists visit this sanctuary every year. Further, the park also has a cottage to facilitate accommodation for the visiting guests which is also a unique experience. Also, the sanctuary attracts bird watchers too as there are over 160 species of birds present here. Therefore, the best time to visit Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary is from November to April. Thus, it is one of the most famous tourist places to visit in Nagpur.