Places to visit in Udupi
1. St. Mary's Island
- St. Mary’s Islands are a set of four small islands in the Arabian Sea off the coast of Malpe in Udupi, in the state of Karnataka. Also called Coconut Island and Thonsepar. These islands are known for their geological formation of columnar rhyolitic lava. And hosts some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. It is also known for its rare crystallized basalt rock formations, formed millions of years ago due to volcanic activities. Here you can find seashells of various shapes and sizes. Therefore, the best time to visit St. Mary’s Island is from October to January. Thus, it is one of the must-visit destinations in Udupi.
2. Malpe Beach
- Malpe Beach is located in Udupi, in the state of Karnataka. Also fondly known as ‘Malapu’. It has a never-ending coastline, where the three rocky islands on the western side surrounding it. Traditionally, known for its settlement of the Mogaveera fishermen community. The pristine white sand, pure water, pleasant weather, varieties of food snacks, and the sea walk make Malpe Beach an ideal spot for a weekend trip. This beach is known as the best destination for holidays and picnics. The best time to visit Malpe Beach is from October to December. Thus, it is one of the unexplored beaches in India.
3. Kaup Beach
- Kaup Beach is located in Udupi, in the state of Karnataka. The Kapu lighthouse, built-in 1901 by the East India Company on the shores of the Arabian Sea close to Kaup Beach. And it is 27.12 meters tall. The panoramic view of the beach from the top of the lighthouse is really amazing. The entire beach is lined up with palm trees. Here you can also enjoy the beautiful sunrise and sunset views. Therefore, the best time to visit Kaup Beach is from October to December. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Udupi.
4. Sri Krishna Temple
- Udupi Shri Krishna Temple is located in the city of Udupi in the state of Karnataka. Also known as “Sri Krishna Math“. Dedicated to Lord Krishna and Dvaita Matha. It was constructed in the 13th century and, one of the oldest Udupi temples standing till now. The special feature of this temple is that the darshan of the Krishna idol is worshipped through a silver-plated window with nine holes, known as the Navagraha kindi. It is visited by devotees from all around the country. Therefore, the best time to visit Udupi Shri Krishna Temple is from October to December. Thus, it is one of the best temples to visit in Karnataka.
5. Sea Walk Malpe
- Sea Walk Malpe is located in the city of Udupi in the state of Karnataka. Tourists get to view the huge expanse of the Arabian Sea on one side of the 450m walkway and with the backwaters of the Swarna River on the other side. The walkway along the beach allows tourists to enjoy the stunning views of the surroundings, sea birds, fishes, and also the sculpture of a fisherman. Thus, the Malpe Seawalk is one of the must-visit tourist attractions in Udupi.