Places to visit in Gulmarg
1. Gulmarg Gondola
- Gulmarg Gondola is located in Gulmarg in Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is a high-altitude cable car. It has been designed in collaboration with a French firm called Pomagalski. The cable car ascends 1,330 vertical meters to a height of nearly 4,000m and carries 600 people per hour. Moreover, Gulmarg gondola is the second-highest cable car network in the world. It offers a beautiful view of Nanda Devi and the Pir Panjal range. Tourists can enjoy various activities like horse riding and snow skiing. Therefore, the best time to visit Gulmarg Gondola is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Gulmarg.
2. Alpather Lake
- Alpather Lake is located in Gulmarg in Jammu and Kashmir, India. Also known as the Frozen Lake. Because, during the months of November to June, this lake freezes completely. The surrounding by snow-covered mountains, green valleys, and pretty wildflowers thus give more mesmerizing views to the tourists. It is a small lake at the foot of the twin Apharwat Peaks and is situated at an altitude of 4500 meters. It is famous for its serene beauty and peaceful environment. Further, Alpather Lake is popular for one-day trekking which covers a distance of almost 13km from Gulmarg. Thus, it is one of the amazing places in Gulmarg. The best time to visit Alpather Lake is from January to February.
3. Gulmarg Golf Course
- Gulmarg Golf Course is located in Gulmarg in Jammu and Kashmir, India. Constructed by Colonel Neville Chamberlain in the year 1890. Set at an elevation of 2,650 meters above sea level. Moreover, it is the highest green golf course in the world. As the golf course gets covered in by snow during the winter, it is open only from April to November. This 18 hole golf course is very beautiful and consists of varieties of beautiful and rare species of flowers. It hosts several gold championships and was initially started out by the Britishers. Every year more than hundreds of golf players from across the globe come to this place for golfing holidays. Thus, it is one of the top attractions in Jammu and Kashmir.
4. Gulmarg Ski Area
- Gulmarg is a hill town, located in Jammu and Kashmir. It is normally blessed with unbelievable amounts of snow. And there are several skiing operators and institutes that can teach you the same. Because of its ski terrain, it has gained a lot of popularity. Thus, Gulmarg is India’s best ski destination that offers something for everyone. More than thousands of travelers to come to this place every year. Therefore, the best time for skiing in Gulmarg is from January to February.
- Khilanmarg is a small valley, located in Jammu and Kashmir, India. It offers a view of the surrounding peaks and over the Kashmir Valley. Surrounded by towering mountains, the green valley with wildflowers hence makes the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. The beautiful meadow of Khilanmarg is covered in flowers and offers a beautiful view of the entire Himalayan range and Nanga Parbat. It is a pure delight in the spring season when the whole area is filled with flowers. The 600-meter slope from Khilanmarg to Gulmarg becomes the site for winter skiing scenes in Gulmarg. Therefore, the best time to visit Khilanmarg is from May to September. Thus, it is one of the best Gulmarg tourist places.