Places to visit in Vadodara
1. Laxmi Vilas Palace
- The Lakshmi Vilas Palace is located in Vadodara in the state of Gujarat, India. Constructed in 1890 by the Gaekwad family, who ruled the Baroda State and took nearly twelve years to complete. It was the private residence of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III. Moreover, the size of the palace is about four times of Buckingham Palace and spreads across an area of nearly 500 acres. It also has many modern amenities. This beautiful Palace was styled on the Indo-Saracenic Revival architecture. It incorporates several buildings within its complex including the LVP Banquets and Conventions, Moti Baug Palace, and the Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum building. The Darbar Hall has a Venetian mosaic floor and a Belgian-style stained glass window. The museum contains an amazing collection of beautiful paintings by Raja Ravi Verma and various other important artifacts. Hence, Lakshmi Vilas Palace is one of the most majestic structures in India. Therefore, the best time to visit Laxmi Vilas Palace is from October to December. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Vadodara.
2. Sayaji Gardens
- Sayaji Baug Gardens is located in Vadodara in the state of Gujarat, India. Also known as “Kamati Baug”. Built in the year 1879 on the river Vishwamitri, by H.H. Maharaja Sayaji Rao Gaekwad. He was a great visionary ruler of Baroda. Sprawling over an area of 45 hectares of land and houses nearly 98 different species of trees. The presence of the Sardar Patel Planetarium, the Baroda Museum & Picture Gallery, a toy train, a zoo, and an aquarium makes this garden one of the most beautiful tourist places in Vadodara. Also, it has one of the biggest floral clocks in the World and in India. Further, the Sayaji Baug Gardens is the largest in west India. It also houses close to 100 species of flowering plants. Therefore, the best time to visit Sayaji Baug is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the top attractions in Vadodara city.
3. Baroda Museum and Picture Gallery
- Baroda Museum & Picture Gallery is located in Vadodara in the state of Gujarat. Built in 1894 by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad, on the lines of the Victoria & Albert Museum and the Science Museum of London. Some of the paintings are a replica of the originals but are a masterpiece. The architecture of the twin structure is a beautiful blend of Maratha and European designs. However, the Museum and Gallery include works detailing the history of the country from the prehistoric ages to modern times. It showcases a rich collection of artifacts related to archaeology, geology, and natural history. You can also find here various items belonging to the personal collection of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III. Furthermore, the museum is considered to be one of the most famous museums in the country. Therefore, the best time to visit Baroda Museum and Picture Gallery is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the most fascinating places to visit in Vadodara.
4. Champaner – Pavagadh Archaeological Park
- Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park is located in the Panchmahal district in the state of Gujarat. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Speckled with palaces, mosques, temples, tombs, arched gateways, step-wells, residential complexes, tanks, and more, this archaeological park is one of the top Vadodara tourist places. More than thousands of visitors come here to visit. However, it holds a lot of historical as well as mythological significance in itself. There are also Jain and Hindu temples that are well preserved and are amazingly constructed. These temples are constructed in the Nagara style of architecture. Therefore, the best time to visit Champaner – Pavagadh Archaeological Park is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the must-visit places to visit in Vadodara.
5. Kirti Mandir Vadodara
- Kirti Mandir Vadodara is located in Vadodara in the state of Gujarat. It was built for the members of the Baroda royal family. Boasting architectural splendor, the building features a number of beautifully structured balconies, terraces, and tombs. A brilliantly carved shikhara, climbing to 35 feet in height, forms the centerpiece of the attraction. One of the carvings on the cenotaph makes one reminisce about the good old days of India. Further, the rooms present in Kirti Mandir display various photographs and statues of the Gaekwad family. Therefore, the best time to visit Kirti Mandir Vadodara is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the most stunning places to visit in Vadodara.