Places to visit in Pondicherry
1. Paradise Beach
- Paradise Beach is located in Chunnambar, close to Pondicherry town. Also known as Plage Paradiso. It is only accessible by boat ride. This beach is the perfect location for spending a holiday along the glistening waters and palm trees. Therefore, the best time to visit paradise beach is from November to March. After the monsoons, the backwaters are fresh and green. And also you can spot a lot of birds here. Moreover, it is popular for its golden sands and clear waters. Hence, this beach is one of the cleanest beaches in the world. A variety of water sports activities are available here as well. The entire beach provides the perfect environment for trekking, fishing, boating, and much more. The beach is frequented by locals and tourists during the weekends and gets extremely crowded. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist places to visit in Pondicherry.
- Auroville is an experimental township in Viluppuram district, in the state of Tamil Nadu. Founded in 1968 by Mirra Alfassa and designed by architect Roger Anger. Moreover, the main purpose of this town is it wants to be a universal town where men and women of all countries are able to live in peace and progressive harmony, above all politics and all nationalities. Currently, over 2,800 people from over 195 different nationalities are the official residents of this township. Further, the best way to experience the Auroville ashram is to just sit and communicate with the residents here about their experience of living in the city. The huge golden globe-like structure at the center of Auroville is actually a massive meditation center Called Matrimandir where one could just sit and focus on one’s inner self. Thus, it is one of the most famous places to visit in Pondicherry.
3. Serenity Beach
- Serenity Beach is located on the outskirts of Puducherry. Originally, called Thanthirayan Kuppam Beach or plain Kottakuppam Beach. The beach is fringed by lovely palm trees which wonderfully frames this excellent site. It is lined with a trail of rocks and also dotted with beautiful beach-facing resorts. Serenity Beach boasts the beauty of nature with its golden sands and blue waters that greet the tourists with a beautiful panoramic view. And it attracts more than thousands of visitors every year. The various other attractions nearby are Auroville, the Government Museum of Puducherry, Gingee Fort, and Basilica Of The Sacred Heart Of Jesus. Moreover, this beach is also quite famous among surfers who come here to catch the waves. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful beaches to visit in Pondicherry.
4. Rock Beach
- Rock beach is another beautiful beach in Pondicherry and it has numerous rocks attached to it beautifully. Also known as Gandhi Beach or Promenade Beach. It stretches for about 1.5 km and offers an amazing view of the sunrise and sunset. This beach is often crowded with groups of people playing volleyball, jogging, walking, yoga, and swimming. Here you can spot many local handicrafts and street food shops. Hence, it offers a very peaceful place for its tourists and visitors to sit and enjoy the waves. The various attractions nearby the beach are the War Memorial, the Promenade, Aurobindo Ashram, Mahatma Gandhi Statue, Dupleix Park, old lighthouse, a statue of Joan of Arc, the Pondicherry Museum, and the heritage Town Hall. Thus it attracts thousands of visitors every year. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best Pondicherry beaches that you must visit. Therefore, the best time to visit this place is from November to March.
5. Aurobindo Ashram
- The Sri Aurobindo Ashram is a spiritual community located in Pondicherry. This ashram is well known all over the world and thousands of tourists from here have to experience and achieve spiritual knowledge. It grew out of a small community of disciples who had gathered around Sri Aurobindo after he retired from politics and settled in Pondicherry in 1910. The ashram has libraries and also hosts many physical education activities such as sports, asanas, and swimming. Therefore, the best time to visit this place is from November to March. It is by far one of the wealthiest ashrams in the world. Thus, it is one of the most peaceful and spiritual Tourist Places in Pondicherry.