Road Trips from Delhi
Mussoorie is a popular hill station, located in the Dehradun district of the state of Uttarakhand. The hill station is in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan range. However, Mussoorie is really a fascinating hill station. It offers a wonderful view of the Himalayan snow ranges and the surroundings. Further, the drive from Delhi to Mussoorie is an amazing trip as the road goes through the Dehradun. Thus it is one of the Best Road Trips from Delhi.
- Distance: 280 km
- Best Time to Visit: April to June
- Places to visit: Gun Hill Point, Kempty Falls, Company Garden, Lal Tibba, and Cloud’s End.
Nainital is located in the Kumaon foothills of the outer Himalayas. Situated at an altitude of 1,938 meters above the sea level. It is one of the popular hill station to visit in India. And also it was the summer capital of the United Provinces. Further, from the tops of the higher peaks, most beautiful and magnificent views of the surroundings can be obtained. This hill station attracts millions of tourists from all over the world. It is blessed with scenic natural splendor and varied natural resources. Thus, it is one of the most popular road trip destination in Northern India.
- Distance: 306 km
- Best Time to Visit: March to June
- Places to visit: Nainital Lake, High Altitude Zoo, The Mall Road, Naina Peak, Tiffin Top, Lands End, Bhimtal Lake, Kainchi Dham, and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary.
Jibhi is located in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is just the right place to relax and spend some peaceful moments with your family. However, one such place is Jibhi which is full of greenery and surrounded by colorful birds and flowers. There are lots of amazing places to visit here. Further, it is still untouched by industrialization and surrounded only by nature. Therefore, the best route to take would be Delhi – Panipat – Karnal – Kurukshetra – Shimla – Kufri – Narkanda – Jibhi. Thus, it is one of the amazing road trip destination from Delhi.
- Distance: 497 km
- Best Time to Visit: March to May
- Places to visit: Jibhi Waterfall, Mini Thailand, Chaini Kothi, Jalori Pass, Serolsar Lake, and Kullu.
Dehradun is located in the Doon Valley on the foothills of the Himalayas nestled between Song river, a tributary of Ganga on the east, and the Asan river, a tributary of Yamuna on the west. And it is the capital and the largest city of the state, Uttarakhand. Dehradun has a pleasant climate almost throughout the year. However, it is well connected to Himalayan tourist destinations such as Mussoorie, Dhanaulti, Chakrata, New Tehri, Uttarkashi etc. Further, it is famous for summer and winter hiking destinations like the Valley of Flowers at Dodital, Dayara Bugyal, Kedarkantha, Har Ki Dun, and Hemkunt Sahib for camping and Himalayan panoramic views. Therefore, it is one of the best one-day trip destinations from Delhi.
- Distance: 275 km
- Best Time to Visit: March to June
- Places to visit: Mindrolling Monastery, Robber’s Cave, Sahastradhara, Malsi Deer Park, Tapkeshwar Temple, and Tiger Falls.
Jaipur is the capital of the state, Rajasthan. And also known as the Pink City, due to the dominant color scheme of its buildings. And with so much to offer, Jaipur is always a good choice for a tourist destination. This road trip is the drive along the Aravallis, peacock glances on the highway, and the fascinating bright turbans visible from a distance. Therefore, it is one of the best tourist places to visit in India.
- Distance: 279 km
- Best Time to Visit: November to January
- Places to visit: Ram Niwas Garden, City Palace, Amber Fort, Albert Hall Museum, Jantar Mantar, and Hawa Mahal.