Road Trips in Gujarat
1. Ahmedabad to Udaipur
Udaipur is a city in the state of Rajasthan. And also known as the “City of Lakes” because many natural lakes are interconnected in and around the city. A road trip from Ahmedabad to Udaipur is undoubtedly amazing as the city of Udaipur is. Hence, it is famous for its historic forts, palaces, striking lakes, architectural temples, museums, galleries, and traditional festivals. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trips in Gujarat.
- Best time to visit Udaipur is from October to March .
- Distance: 260 km
- Places to visit : Lake Pichola, City Palace, Fateh Sagar Lake, Jaisamand Lake, Sajjangarh Palace, Lake Pichola, and Ekling Ji Temple.
2. Mount Abu
Mount Abu in the Sirohi District of Rajasthan. Moreover, its cool and soothing climate makes it an ideal retreat for tourists. Therefore, the ride will be pleasant and it will take you to the only hill station of Rajasthan.
- Best time to visit Mount Abu is from July to February.
- Distance: 225 km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Nakki Lake, Guru Shikhar, Toad Rock, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, Dilwara Temples, Trevor’s Tank, and Sunset Point.
Saputara is a hill town in the state of Gujarat. And it is a beautiful place with a calming lake and high-rise mountains. It is popular for lush green forests, mountains, dazzling waterfalls, dreamy winding roads, and livid landscapes. Therefore, this town is a favorite among the tourists. Hence, Saputara also offers scopes for trekking.
- Best time to visit Saputara is from October to February.
- Distance: 400 km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Hatgadh Fort, Vansda National Park, Sunrise and Sunset Point, Lake, Gira Waterfalls, Tribal Museum, and Purna Sanctuary.
Diu is a coastal town at the eastern end of Diu Island, India. Then, a bridge connects the island to the state of Gujarat. Diu is a small island that was earlier a Portuguese colony and is now guarded by beaches all around. Hence, the road from Gujarat to Diu is spectacular and everyone will certainly love this entire journey.
- Best time to visit Diu is from August to October.
- Distance: 364 km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Naida Caves, Nagoa Beach, Gangeshwar Mahadev Temple, Diu Fort, Ghoghla Beach, INS Khukri Memorial, and Shell Museum.
Girnar is a group of mountains in the Junagadh District of Gujarat. And also known as Girinagar or Revatak Parvata. There are several temples here that are of importance to the Hindus and Jains. However, these hills are a collection of five hills and are the highest peaks in Gujarat. Hence, the entire road trip from Ahmedabad to Girnar would definitely leave you refreshed.
- Best time to visit is between November and February.
- Distance: 315 km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Bhavnath Mahadev Temple, Dattatreya Temple, Amba Mata Temple, Kalika Temple, and Nalsarovar Lake.
Modhera is a town in Mehsana district of Gujarat. And this town is located on the bank of river Pushpavati. However, Modhera is famous for the Sun Temple, which was built in 1026 AD during the Solanki Dynasty. Thus, the Sun Temple is very intricately carved and attracts tourists from all parts of the country.
- Best time to visit Modhera is between the months of October and March.
- Distance: 98 Km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Sun Temple, Shankeshwar Temple , Taranga Hills and Taranga Jain Derasar.
Kumbhalgarh is a fortress town in the Rajsamand District of Rajasthan but can easily be visited from Gujarat. And also, it is popularly known as a World Heritage Site included in Hill Forts of Rajasthan. Hence, Kumbhalgarh is famous for its magnificent monuments, royal chhatris, and glorious palaces.
- Best time to visit Kumbhalgarh is from October to March.
- Distance: 325 km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Fort, Wildlife Sanctuary, Badal Mahal, Mammadev Temple, Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple, and Vedi Temple.
8. Little Rann of Kutch
The Little Rann of Kutch is a salt marsh in the Kutch district of the state Gujarat. And also, it is home to the Indian wild ass. Therefore, the view of the white salt desert in the Rann of Kutch is something that you must witness once in a lifetime. Hence, it is a pretty famous place to go on a road trip.
- Best time to visit Little Rann of Kutch is from November to February.
- Distance: 167 km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, Dholavira, Museum, Kutch Bustard Sanctuary, and Mandvi beach.
Mumbai, previously known as Bombay is the capital of Maharashtra state. It is the country’s financial and commercial center and its principal port on the Arabian Sea. Mumbai is fondly called the “city of dreams“. And, there are so many popular places that you can cover before reaching Mumbai. Therefore, the road trip from Ahmedabad to Mumbai can be an excellent one.
- Best time to visit Mumbai is from October to February.
- Distance: 525 km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Elephanta caves, Marine Drive, Juhu Beach, Colaba Causeway, Gateway of India, Film City Mumbai, Hanging Gardens, Prince of Wales Museum, and Siddhivinayak Temple.
Jaisalmer is a city in the state of Rajasthan. And also, Known as the “Golden City” it’s distinguished by its yellow sandstone architecture. Here you can enjoy the exciting camel safaris and local dance types. Therefore, a trip to Jaisalmer can be one of your most memorable road trips from Ahmedabad.
- Best time to visit Jaisalmer is from November to March.
- Distance: 536 km from Ahmedabad.
- Places to visit: Jaisalmer Fort, Desert Safari, Kuldhara Village, Jain Temples, Sam sand dunes, Gadsisar Lake, Patwon Ki Haveli, and Bada Bagh.